5 Weeks 'til the Half Marathon!
I'm looking forward to running my seventh half marathon, The Woodlands Half Marathon in Texas, which takes place on March 1. The photo shows the area close to the race start location. I'm using Run Faster from the 5K to the Marathon: How to Be Your Own Best Coach by Hudson and Fitzgerald to prepare.
Summary of last week's exercise:
- Monday: 7 mile run, strength training
- Tuesday: 8.46 mile run that was supposed to be a 12 mile run. 23 mph wind and other little things got to me and I stopped. This week, I'll get that long run in!
- Wednesday: 5 mile ride, strength training. I got out very early and rode before anything could sabotage my ride.
- Thursday: 5 mile ride, 6 mile run. Windy and raining.
- Friday: 3 mile run, strength training. It felt like 15 degrees F outside, but I was okay since I wore double layers of nearly everything.
- Saturday: 6 mile run, 2 mile ride
- Sunday: Rest.
I ran 5 days, strength-trained 3 days and rode 3 days. I was 2 miles short of my 15 mile a week riding goal, but that's not really a problem since I road 20 miles last week. Since I didn't get my long run done last week, I'm looking forward to doing it this week and that's a good thing! It might be an interesting weather week - we may actually have snow here in southeast Texas.