5 Weeks 'til the Half Marathon!



I'm looking forward to running my seventh half marathon, The Woodlands Half Marathon in Texas, which takes place on March 1. The photo shows the area close to the race start location. I'm using Run Faster from the 5K to the Marathon: How to Be Your Own Best Coach by Hudson and Fitzgerald to prepare. 

Summary of last week's exercise:
  • Monday: 7 mile run, strength training
  • Tuesday: 8.46 mile run that was supposed to be a 12 mile run. 23 mph wind and other little things got to me and I stopped. This week, I'll get that long run in!
  • Wednesday: 5 mile ride, strength training. I got out very early and rode before anything could sabotage my ride.
  • Thursday: 5 mile ride, 6 mile run. Windy and raining. 
  • Friday: 3 mile run, strength training. It felt like 15 degrees F outside, but I was okay since I wore double layers of nearly everything.
  • Saturday: 6 mile run, 2 mile ride
  • Sunday: Rest.

I ran 5 days, strength-trained 3 days and rode 3 days. I was 2 miles short of my 15 mile a week riding goal, but that's not really a problem since I road 20 miles last week. Since I didn't get my long run done last week, I'm looking forward to doing it this week and that's a good thing! It might be an interesting weather week - we may actually have snow here in southeast Texas.

Comments

  1. Great training week, Tina. Way to get your workouts done despite the weather. I can't believe you might be getting snow! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Snow is very rare here so it's a big deal!

      Delete
  2. Hey, my friend Lauren from Lauren's Glass Slipper (her blog). Is running the woodlands race in Texas. Is there a full marathon too? I f so, I think she is running the full. You should check her out, you might be neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's a marathon, too. I'll have to look for her blog!

      Delete
  3. You had a great week of training!!! I hope this week you are able to get in your long run!! Crazy that it might snow there - that will shut things down for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. Last Friday's ice shut things down!

      Delete
  4. Texas sounds like a great place to run a 1/2 in March. Keep up the good work w/ your training!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I want to race here, I need to get them in before summer hits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, look at those blue skies. Hopefully the icy, snowy weather that you all are supposed to get will not hinder your training (or appear in March). I can't believe these crazy conditions all over the country. Only five more weeks - you are going to do awesome. The Woodlands is such a pretty area. I always loved going to concerts there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on your training. I guess it's been a tough winter to train all over the country.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This weather this Winter in Texas has definitely been interesting. Snow in southeast Texas? Crazy rare! We had absolutely perfect weather this past weekend here in DFW with temps in the high 60's, but we are back in the mid 30's today.

    The Woodlands is such a nice part of the Houston area, so it should be a great place to race.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't half marathons so much more fun to train for, LOL?! Like you, I had ran WAY more fulls than HMs, but due to a lot of stress fractures, I've since started doing more HMs, and I love not running farther than 14 miles all of the time. :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great training week! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on training. I am so impressed that you have run so many more fulls that halfs. You've got this. The Woodlands in March should be perfect. Not too hilly and not too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are getting some great mileage in! I love the half marathon training cycles, they're so enjoyable :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job this week! I've nominated you for a Leibster Award. I honestly don't know how new your are to blogging (you've definitely been doing it longer than me), but since yours is one I follow pretty religiously, I thought you deserved it either way. :-)
    You can learn more about it by visiting my blog and taking a look at te latest post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nomination! I've been blogging since 2007. Having a blog is a great way to meet new people and to keep my running memories organized, too!

      Delete
  14. Wow, such a solid week- nice work!! I always wanted to run the Woodlands half while we were in TX but it didn't happen...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt