Friday, January 10, 2014

7 Weekend Links


I came across some great links this week. Here are my favorites. 

Eating

Snacking Your Way to Better Health (with nuts) "In study after study, the more often people ate nuts, the leaner they tended to be." Great news because I like to snack on nuts, often with an apple. I heat nuts in the microwave to bring out their flavor. 

Running

Sally’s Secrets: Top 3 Tips for Leaner Abs Do some running on water only, drink lots of water and lift heavy weights.

Your Ultra-Training Bag Of Tricks: Taking Progression Workouts To The Trails I did a 12 mile progression run this week. You don't have to be an ultra runner to benefit from these tips. 

The Top 8 Fitness Trends of 2014(Outside Online) - Spotlights new products like the Recon Jet  ($599), which projects your pace and heart rate onto the lens of your eye glasses.

Boston Marathon Treadmill (ProForm) You can control the speed with a ring on your finger. Is it my birthday yet?!

Technogym: Google Glass Controls Treadmill You control your treadmill by talking to it!

Blogging

Knowing Your Audience, Blogging Bravely and Changing Things Up Here's an interview with Tsh Oxenreider from The Art of Simple. Learn about analyzing your blog and what it's like to change a blog name. Do you have experience with changing the name of your blog? I'd love to hear about it.

Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. I have never thought of putting nuts in the microwave, must try that! I often think about how to change the name and rebrand a blog and I think that could be pretty scary for someone who has put a lot of work into their blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toasting nuts in the microwave works great for a small amount of nuts. I check them often so I don't burn them!

      Delete
  2. I want that treadmill! I just want a treadmill anyway since I don't have one, but that one seems pretty sweet! Thanks for some great links, am off to check them all out now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a treadmill and I love to run outside, but it would be fun to run all over the world, so to speak!

      Delete
  3. I'll definitely check out the ultra training link. I've been looking for some good resources!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! The writer lists 4 types of progression runs. I hope it's helpful.

      Delete
  4. Truthfully I have decided I would rather have a spin bike than a treadmill. I can spin forever, but cannot run on the treadmill at all, I do so much better running outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have either one, but I'd like to try spinning, too - especially when it's really hot or cold outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great links! That treadmill is insane. My birthday IS coming up. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get one for your birthday!

      Delete
  7. Love the nut study! Also fascinated how different saturated fats affect us differently - and those from plants aren't that bad after all! Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad nuts are healthy since they taste great and make great snacks!

      Delete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...