Favorite Web Links


Here are my favorite links from this week.

Money Saving Mom's 12 Months to a Healthier You Challenge! I'm doing this one. January's goal is to exercise more. In addition to running and strength training as usual, I'd like to ride my bike more: 15 miles a week. I rode 16 miles last week.

Ultra-distance Runner Breaks Record Kim Allen, 47, finished running 500km (310.7 miles) in 86 hours, 11 minutes and 9 seconds without sleeping.

World Record RunnersJanette Murray-Wakelin, 64, and Alan Murray, 68, ran 366 marathons without a single day off. 

Gym Pact App- Participants are paid for keeping healthy goals by the folks who don't meet their own goals. This might be helpful for those who need an extra incentive and it might be an expensive idea for others!

Should You Try Fasting Before Running? (Jenny Hadfield) - Sometimes I eat before I exercise, but not always. If it will be hours before I exercise and I'm hungry, I'll eat. If I wake up and want to exercise right away, I'll skip it.

The Bedtime Snack Unraveled (Dietician Cassie) - She writes that it's a good idea to have a healthy snack before bedtime like a banana and almond butter.

How to Win an Argument with a Nutritionist - Eggs and full-fat dairy are good for you.

Triathlete opens training school in Kona - They'll set you up with training plans or you could sign-up for a tri camp where all of your needs are provided at Triathlon School Hawaii in Kona. What a vacation that would be!

10 Race Reports to Inspire - 10 links to race reports from 5K's to 50 mile races that will make you want to sign up for your next race.

Enjoy!


Comments

  1. Great links/info. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 366 marathons in a row? Insane. Awesome, but insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd read about Kim Allen running 310 miles in 86 hours without sleep, she must have been hallucinating something shocking. Well, I would be!
    Great links and a beautiful picture too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ultra runner is amazing!!! WOW!!! I can't even imagine - I would love to do 100 miles but not even sure about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These links are fun. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sharing! I heard about Gym Pact the other day and was planning to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I am dead to the world for a week after just 1 marathon, I cannot even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I don't know if the mental or the physical part would be worse.

      Delete
  8. Some of these runners are crazy! I cannot believe it. I love the gym pact idea. I am such a cheapo that I would absolutely go ahead and finish my goals if the alternative was to pay someone else!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great links! I like the one about the healthy snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How on earth did she run for 86 hours without sleeping!? I haven't clicked over to the article, yet, but I'm guessing she was able to doze off while running, like Dean Karnazes says he can do. I'm also really excited to read those 10 race reports that will inspire me :) Or maybe I should save them?? Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up