Healthy Roasted Chicken


Sometimes simple is best! This is one of those times. Easy Roasted Chicken is a simple and healthy meal that I made for dinner last night.

In my new Dutch oven, I put in some carrots, celery, olive oil, salt and pepper. I put the chicken on top of the vegetables, brushed olive oil on the chicken and sprinkled salt and pepper on top. This was easy to put together and it was delicious.

With the leftovers, I can make some of my old favorites like Picky Palate's Cheesy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole (I reduce the cheese and it's still great) and my Healthier Chicken Pot Pie.

Here in SE Texas, it hasn't been cold enough to keep me from running and riding my bike outside. It's in the 20's and 40's when I'm exercising. Lately, I've picked up the pace a little when I run - something that's been out of reach for awhile. It could be that more riding is helping my overall fitness or maybe it's because I know that the faster I run, the sooner I'm done!



Comments

  1. That looks amazing! My Nana got me a Dutch Oven for Christmas this year. Now I know what i'm gonna use it for. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you shared the recipe!! Looks great (and simple like you said!). Gonna try it this weekend I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love roast up a good chicken every now and then! The best part is that there are always leftovers and you can often eat off of one for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a dutch over for Christmas a few years ago because my mom uses hers all the time, but I really don't use it, this looks great though. I should try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roasted chicken is so amazing!

    I'm a wuss when it comes to cold weather, so I haven't been running outside much lately. Forties are about the lowest I can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chicken looks tasty and I think the red color of the dutch oven makes it look even better. You really did get a good find with that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chicken looks delicious! Glad you're getting some use out of your new Dutch Oven!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt