My Weekly Recap, Garmin Tip and Piano Playing

Best Workout Day This Week: That would be Saturday. I went for a short walk through the nearby woods with my husband and our dog, did an abs workout, ran 5 miles and rode my bike for 50 minutes. It's cold here today, but on Saturday, we had some perfect 60 degree sunshine in SE Texas. 

Running Total: 28 miles


Riding Total: 18 miles

Strength Training: Get Killer Abs is a hard workout with exercises like V-sits & Reverse Crunches. Doing these exercises reminded me that I need to do them more often.

What I Wore During Outside Exercise: Everything from shorts to a hat, gloves and a scarf!

Healthy Eating: Knowing that I need to eat right if I want my body to carry me through all of the workouts that I want to do is a good incentive to step away from the peanut M&M's jar and to pick up an apple and some walnuts instead.

Tip for Garmin Users: On Garmin Connect, you can manually upload all of your exercising including strength training onto the calendar. Garmin Connect says I burned 3000 calories in 8 hours of exercise this week. Somebody hand me the M&M's after all! 

Music: We've had a piano in our home for years, but I really haven't played on it. I've finally decided that I'm going to learn how to play something - something easy and just for fun. Here's what I'm learning: Dona Nobis Pacem or Grant Us Peace, Lord.  

Here's hoping that your day is filled with peace and some exercising, too!

Comments

  1. I took piano lessons for several years when my kids were young, but I don't play at all anymore. Having both kids home for a bit over the holidays brought music back into the house. I think I prefer listening over playing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many, many years ago I played the piano a little. Listening is nice. It's more relaxing than being a beginner again!

      Delete
  2. Go ahead and grab those peanut M&Ms! They always remind me of an internship I had back in college where the woman at the front desk would fill up a glass bowl of M&Ms in the afternoon. All of us could hear and distinguish if they were peanut or regular. Some of the interns would only go when they were peanut ones. Random story, but it makes me smile :) I have never played the piano but always wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm only tempted by peanut M&Ms!

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty sure you should have a few peanut M&Ms!!!
    My youngest son wanted a key board for Christmas so we went ahead and got a full size with a stand. I'm going to try and learn to play again (I took lessons till I was about 10.)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! 2014 will be our year to get back at playing the piano!

      Delete
  4. That's a good Garmin tip - I'll look into it. I love that pup! Such beautiful dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Our dog, Zoe, ran over 2 miles with me today. She's a great running buddy!

      Delete
  5. I have never used Garmin Connect. I may have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe the cold weather Texas is getting this year. I lived in Houston for 5 years and don't remember it ever experiencing the cold conditions that are passing through this year. Great recap of everything going on in your life - that's awesome you are playing the piano!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice week! Great about the piano. We have one too and my daughter is learning to play.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really should get better about uploading all of my Garmin data, but honestly, it is never as easy at seems it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That walk in the woods looked beautiful! I wish we had 60 degree weather here! I'm also a big fan of peanut M&Ms, so I wish you the best of luck avoiding them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so nice where you are. I wouldn't dare post a photo of all our snow and ice. Brrrr!
    Great workout you had! Way to pick the healthy nutritional packed items over the M&M's (although... can't we have a cheer for the peanuts?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peanut M&M's have protein in them - making them good for us!

      Delete
  11. Isn't it crazy how in one week of running you can be in shorts and a t-shirt one day and tights and gloves the next!?

    Good luck with the piano-ing! I took lessons for 12 years growing up and I was pretty good my senior year of high school. Then I stopped playing regularly. I can still read music, but I can't play the piano like I used to. Once you get more practiced, I suggest Moonlight Sonata. It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad I got to see a pic of your Weimaraner! Unfortunately at 13 yrs old ours doesn't get out to run anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week