Yogurt All Day

Cake Batter Yogurt

Yogurt is a versatile food. I like to top plain yogurt with fruit or granola. Often, I use it as a substitute for sour cream on potatoes and taco salads. Here are some yogurt recipes that I like.

Pineapple Smoothie

Smoothie - If you haven't tried making a smoothie before, this is a great way to drink your protein and get in a serving of fruit and vegetables, too. Here's my basic recipe for a yogurt/fruit smoothie. Recently, I made a raspberry, spinach and flax seed smoothie. One of my favorites is a yogurt and pineapple smoothie.

You can make a smoothie before you go to bed and grab it for a quick breakfast the next day. After a long run, it's nice to grab a smoothie that's already made. I do that a lot!

Cheesy Tuna and Rice - Here's a new recipe that I changed a little from the inspirational quinoa recipe I found at Running Escapades because I'm out of quinoa. Using yogurt is a healthy way to make the dish creamy. This recipe makes two servings and is easy to put together.

Mix together:

  • 5 oz. can of tuna 
  • 1 cup cooked brown rice 
  • 1/4 cup plain yogurt 
  • parmesan cheese, to taste 
  • Optional vegetable: broccoli

Creamy Tuna Dish

Cake Batter Dip - I eat this dessert right out of the bowl rather than use it for dip. I add cake mix (straight from the box) and whipped cream to some plain yogurt. Sometimes, I leave out the whipped cream and decrease the cake mix amount for a healthier treat. It still tastes like dessert!

For 2014, I've started a list of the delicious new recipes that I make. At the end of the year, I plan to post the list. Talk about planning blog posts way ahead of time!

Comments

  1. Yum - that tuna dish looks good - in fact that might be my lunch!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be really quick to put together if you have some leftover cooked rice. Hope you like it!

      Delete
  2. Cake batter yogurt sounds sinfully awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before coming across the recipe, I'd never thought to use cake mix as a yogurt add-in. I like trying new ideas!

      Delete
  3. I've been loving yogurt too lately and that tuna dish looks so good! yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of using yogurt and cheese to make the tuna rice dish creamy and cheesy - a nice change!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE incorporating yogurt into dishes, especially Greek yogurt as then I am getting extra nutrition! As much as I would love the cake batter dip, that would be SO dangerous for me, as cake batter is my biggest weakness! I would eat the entire thing in one go! Love the sound of the tuna dish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cake batter, too! And I like to use Greek yogurt, too. It's an easy way to make sure we get lots of protein in our diets.

      Delete
  5. O MY, I will definitely have to try the cake batter yogurt! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the sprinkles are optional!

      Delete
  6. I never think to use yogurt while cooking, but you have inspired me to try it now. Your recipes sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! And if you come up with something new using yogurt like this, let me know!

      Delete
  7. I always think of yogurt as mainly a breakfast food. I love cut up fruit and I love yogurt, but for some reason I cannot stand the two together! I like granola on top of yogurt, though.

    Your yogurt as a substitute for sour cream on tacos suggestion reminded me of a funny story. Back when my husband and I were first dating, he lived in an apartment with this couple. The girlfriend was always trying to find healthy substitutions for foods in their diet. One night while I was there she made tacos for her and her boyfriend and had put plain yogurt instead of sour cream on them, without telling him. He took one bit and shouted "What is this!?" She explained that it was yogurt and he said "No way! Where's the sour cream."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Reminds me of the time I made cauliflower mashed potatoes for my family and I didn't tell them that the dish was "special". I just let them sit down to eat it without knowing. They were not happy!

      Delete
  8. Whoa! That would be so neat to print it all out into a little book - Tina's yummy healthy meals and treats!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week