4 Weeks 'til the Half Marathon!



After running the St. George Marathon (my race report) back in October, I'm looking forward to racing again. I'll be running my seventh half marathon, The Woodlands Half Marathon (Texas), on March 1! Here's how last week played out.

3 Fitness Goals Completed: 
  1. Run 14 miles for my long run.
  2. Ride my bike 15 miles.
  3. Strength-train/core workout three times.

Running, Riding & Strength Training:

Monday: 14 mile run, Core H video workout

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: 7 mile run with hills, 5 mile ride, strength training

Thursday: 5 mile run with strides

Friday: 10 mile ride, strength training

Saturday: 9 mile run with 6 miles hard (hard is relative!)

Sunday: Rest

Total Running Miles: 35


Non-fitness Goals:

Piano
I practiced on the piano 5 days this week. Too bad taking a child to piano lessons for years does not make you a great pianist!

Audiobooks
I finished listening to the audiobook Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss. I'm still eating some salt and sugar and healthy fats, too, like whole milk that only has one percent more fat than two percent milk.

Recipe
I tried a new recipe (photo): Jam Crostata. This was easy: make the dough, spread jam on it and bake it. It would be fun to make this for Valentine's Day in the shape of a heart. 

Comments

  1. Great week and that looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crostata looks amazing! What kind of jam did you use? Sounds like you had a great week! Good luck prepping for your half! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used store-bought strawberry jam, but maybe next time I'll use my homemade peach freezer jam.

      Delete
  3. Awesome job on your workouts this week! That jam crostata looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your training looks like it is going great. I notice you are doing strength work after runs, I might start doing that too to enable better recovery as sometimes I feel it the next day, especially my upper body/arms.
    That jam crostata is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great week! This reminds me I want to download an audiobook! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right about the piano. I took piano for 5 years as a kid and it's SO hard to me now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If that picture is your new recipe you should definitely share the recipe!!!
    Did I already tell you that my youngest son got a nice keyboard for Christmas and I'm going to try and relearn the piano? I'm excited about the Classic Rock songbook that I just got today from Amazon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the photo of my Jam Crostata, but the recipe is from Eat, Live, Run. If you click on the name of the recipe in the post, Jam Crostata, you'll see the recipe on the other blog. She often posts delicious recipes so it's a good blog to visit!

      Fun that you're taking up piano, too!

      Delete
  8. great week of running and strength training for you! i recenlty switched to whole milk too for the same reasons :) no guilt! tastes so good (esp with choc milk mix- ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How neat ... piano lessons! I think that sounds fun :) Your half is going to go so well, you're mileage is great and you will have a strong race. Are you using a particular plan (forgive me if you've posted about it before). Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using Run Faster from the 5K to the Marathon: How to Be Your Own Best Coach by Hudson and Fitzgerald to prepare. Lots of plans in there!

      Delete
  10. Amazing runs this week!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos to you for trying to learn the piano as an adult! I know that had to be challenging, especially to find time to practice. If it makes you feel better, I took 11 years of lessons as a kid, and I'm still terrible at it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you never cease to amaze me! I don't know how you do manage to fit your exercise in, learn how to play the piano, listen to audiobooks and bake! You're like superwoman to me. I bet your house is spotless, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! Thanks! Spotless? I wish!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt