Friday, February 21, 2014

5 Running Links for Friday

I'm running a half marathon in a week so it's taper time! My Weimaraner and I have enjoyed the warmer weather for running and walking.

I've found some helpful and inspiring posts to share with you today.

A Few Questions Answered by Arkansas Runner Mom
She tells what she's done to improve her race times and more. Posts like this are great!

Do Ice Baths Help or Hurt Your Training? by Alex Hutchinson
I quit taking ice baths quite a while ago. I first realized that I didn't need to take them after talking to an experienced runner who had never taken one in his life. That was an eye-opener for me.

FITspiration: Running 100 Miles (runladylike)
Have you considered running a 100 mile race? I haven't yet, but I have considered a 50K race. I even ran half of one once! A root side-lined me. Other than that, marathons have been my longest distance.

Transitioning from Running to Triathlon (Jesica D’Avanza)
I rode 15 miles today! I don't think I have a tri in my future, but I do like to ride my bike. Just in case you'd like the extra challenge, here's a good post.

How to Increase Your Google+ Engagement by 281% (Quick Sprout)
A lot of runners have Google+ pages. I have one, but I need to learn more about it. Learn tips in this post like the fact that Friday is the best day for Google+.

13 comments:

  1. Great link-ups today and some new to me blogs - always a bonus!!!
    BTW - I'm going to Ft. Worth tomorrow - can't wait to be in TX even though it's only for a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like finding new blogs, too. Looks like the weather will be warm for a few days in FW so I think that will be a nice change for you. I hope you have a great time in Texas!

      Delete
  2. I am jealous of your warmer weather! We had one day of 65 degree weather yesterday which was weird for winter here in Ohio.... But we are back to the teens next week! :(
    Thanks for the great links! Im gonna go check them out...
    I dont have a google+.. I guess with all my other social media i never really thought about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one warmish day must have felt great. I almost feel guilty when I'm running in the sunshine in shorts lately!

      Delete
  3. Ice bath do seem to help me be less sore, but I have done training cycles both with and without.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree... As painful as that 15 minutes of freezing was, they did seem to make me feel better in the short run. And it was a good excuse for needing some hot cocoa!

      Delete
  4. I'm so checking out the link about transitioning from running to tri's. Everyone I know who has transitioned from running to tri's say that they don't get injured half as much. Since I can't run right now, I'm trying to stay positive and set new goals...a tri isn't in my future this year, but very possibly in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fun challenge that would be! Looking forward to reading about the tri training on your blog!

      Delete
  5. I have to check these out! You always give us such good ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you learn something new!

      Delete
  6. I have read a lot about ice baths and why some people like them and some don't. I have always been a believer in them, though, because they work wonders for me. I only do them when I do a long run that is 12+ miles. Anything less than that, stretching usually takes care of pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great links, especially the first one (Arkansas running mom). She has great info for running pregnant and post-pregnancy, very helpful for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great links! I'll definitely be checking a few out! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it family friendly!