Time for another workout update! Like my previous workout, I mixed it up with strength training, running and riding. Doing more than one activity keeps it interesting.
After strength training at home, I ran to the park. I still needed my gloves, but it was warmer than Friday when we had a light dusting of graupel, tiny snow pellets, here in southeast Texas. I had never heard of graupel before so it was fun to see. (There's some graupel on the park bridge in the photo.)
Now I have two words that need to be added to the Spell Check Master List: graupel and Weimaraner. My dog, Zoe, would appreciate it!
- Strength Training (2 sets of each): Reverse Crunches (50), Toe Touch (50), Crunches (50), Leg Raise (25)
- Run 6.5 miles: 2 mile warm-up, 5 x 1K with 90 second recovery, cool-down with Zoe.
- Bike ride for 30 minutes.
During my workout, I had stories like the following one about 7 day ultra races to inspire me and the idea of running 2,014 miles in 2014 to motivate me.
5 Running Links
- 4 Ultras, 4 Deserts, 1 Year You know it's going to hurt. Accept it!
- Riva Johnson, 51, Female Masters Winner at Rocky Raccoon 100 Mile Race I love to hear about women racing into their fifties.
- Michigan Runner Girl (Heather) talks about running in Michigan, salt tabs and race volunteering in this podcast.
- Matt Fitzgerald on Nutrition (podcast) You might want to use only one fuel source while competing in order to nail down any stomach problems you might have.
- Run This Year Challenge Want to run 2,014 miles or 2,014 kilometers? That's about 39 miles or kilometers a week. I ran 42 miles last week. 2,014 miles might be a fun challenge!