5 Running Links to Motivate You


Time for another workout update! Like my previous workout, I mixed it up with strength training, running and riding. Doing more than one activity keeps it interesting.

After strength training at home, I ran to the park. I still needed my gloves, but it was warmer than Friday when we had a light dusting of graupel, tiny snow pellets, here in southeast Texas. I had never heard of graupel before so it was fun to see. (There's some graupel on the park bridge in the photo.)

Now I have two words that need to be added to the Spell Check Master List: graupel and Weimaraner. My dog, Zoe, would appreciate it!


The Workout

  • Strength Training (2 sets of each): Reverse Crunches (50), Toe Touch (50), Crunches (50), Leg Raise (25)
  • Run 6.5 miles: 2 mile warm-up, 5 x 1K with 90 second recovery, cool-down with Zoe.
  • Bike ride for 30 minutes.

During my workout, I had stories like the following one about 7 day ultra races to inspire me and the idea of running 2,014 miles in 2014 to motivate me.

5 Running Links


Comments

  1. Wow! 2,014 miles in one year? I'm just hoping to break 1,000 lol!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the 2014 challenge. You are very consistent so I think you could hit it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for our heather to break here so I can start mixing up my workouts a little more. When it's only 30 degrees I feel a bit limited on what I can do outside. Good luck with your challenges! Never heard the term graupel. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I meant "weather" not heather...lol

      Delete
  4. What a fun challenge! I like the 2014 miles. Ran well over that mark in 2011 and 2012 but cut back a bit and barely missed the 2000 mark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the article about Riva Johnson - still thinking that one day there might be a 100 in my future!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the links, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strangely I also did a motivation type post today. Great links by the way! Your workouts are looking good. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Running 2014 miles or km sounds like a great challenge! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to read about how others do extraordinary things...it always motivates me to do my (tiny) 14-mile long runs (which I'm scheduled for tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week