Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Chocolate Dipped Oranges


I tried something new for a snack - chocolate dipped oranges. I melted some chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave. Then I dipped the oranges slices in the chocolate and chilled them in the refrigerator, which caused the chocolate to harden. Visit the Eat Live Run blog if you'd like more information on making these. Chocolate and oranges is a good combination!

It's taper time. My longest run this week will be the 12 mile run that I did last weekend. That was a good run with 15 minutes at a hard pace. At the end of the week, I'll run 10 miles with 10 minutes run at a hard pace. I've got a half marathon coming up on March 1 in The Woodlands, Texas. That's just north of Houston. I'm looking forward to race day!

13 comments:

  1. I am definitely trying the oranges and chocolate. I know I will love it. Enjoy your taper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm those chocolate dipped oranges look so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the taper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those oranges look like a perfect snack!!
    I was talking to my sis-in-law yesterday (she is running her first marathon Sunday - CowTown) and she said it felt wrong to be doing so little this week. I told her it was normal to be going a bit crazy during taper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great snack idea! I'll have to remember this one. Have a great taper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chocolate covered strawberries, but need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmhh sounds good. Have you tried chocolate covered bananas? Also, super yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always forget how much I love the orange chocolate combination! I'll have to try these. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a big chocolate (or coconut) fan and when I saw your picture I thought "she ruined perfectly good orange slices." To each his/her own :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolate + Orange = AMAZING. It's actually the combination that 'taught' me to like coffee (at some point MANY years ago a local coffee shop, they made a mocha orange latte)!

    And I have a friend who makes chocolate dipped orange peels. Oh, my word. Sinful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really interesting about the coffee! I'm not much of a coffee drinker. Maybe I should try that combo.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it family friendly!