Core Workout, Run & Ride


Today's workout consisted of core work, running and then riding. Outside, it was cloudy and almost 30F, which is a little chilly, but I won't complain. I know that some runners have been running in the snow lately and that in a few months I'll be sweating in the humidity. I was happy that it wasn't windy or raining today, like it was during some of my other workouts this week - a nice change!

The Workout

  • Core work for 10 min. using Runner Dude's video (uses a medicine ball).
  • Run 9 miles: 2 mile warm-up, 2 x 3 miles with 30 second recovery, 1 mile cool-down with my Weimaraner who was happy to be out running.
  • Bike ride for about 40 minutes. 

Pre-workout meal:
2 eggs, Rice Chex, cantaloupe

During workout fuel:
Gatorade

Thru-hiker Photos

Pacific Crest Trail Thru-hiker Takes Selfies Every Day  Here are 159 photos put into a 3 minute video. I've never even hiked overnight, but hiking for 159 days sounds like a fun challenge.

Top Photo

That's my husband and our Weimaraner on a recent walk at the park where I run. Next time, I'll try to be out front when I take the picture, but they were too fast for me this time! 

Comments

  1. Love the selfies on the PCT! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be hard for me to think of unique ways to take those selfies after about 3 days!

      Delete
  2. 159-day hike? Wow - that would be difficult, but fun I bet.

    Your dog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she just turned 9 last month.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you have a pretty place to run/walk/bike!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! That park is a major reason we moved to the neighborhood.

      Delete
  4. Aww, love the weimaraner (why does that word always show up on spell check? AM I not spelling it right..lol?). Looks like a lovely trail you guys are on (no snow!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right! Some sort of problem with spell check and Weimaraner!

      Delete
  5. Wait did your dog run all 9 miles with you or just the cool-down mile?? If it was all 9 that is amazing (if not, 1 mile is still impressive…my dog only runs about half a block before stopping…ha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She used to run farther with me, but now that she's 9yo, she doesn't run as far. Sometimes we do run farther than a mile together, though.

      Delete
  6. Wow, a Core/Run/Bike workout! I think I would have been dead on my feet the rest of the day. Great job! Love that pup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too bad! The hardest part was dealing with the cold. But, of course, our SE TX cold is nothing compared to other parts of the country!

      Delete
  7. Doing a big hike is on my bucket list for sure. Don't think I can get enough time of work to do the Pacific Crest, so I am thinking Grand Canyon Rim to Rim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hike or run Grand Canyon Rim to Rim someday!

      Delete
    2. I'm so clumsy that I think I would go into it planning on a slow hike and not a run for safety reasons.

      Delete
    3. Ha, ha! Smart thinking! Besides, hiking is fun, too!

      Delete
  8. The only hike I've ever done was a six mile hike out in Palo Duro Canyon. It was brutal because we went in the heat of the day and didn't take enough water. Plus, I was paranoid about rattle snakes. I still had a lot of fun and am glad that we did it. I don't know if I could do an overnight one. I've never even camped outdoors! Maybe if an RV could meet us at each stop I could handle it. Lol! The 159 day hike would be an awesome challenge and a once in a lifetime opportunity though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stayed at Palo Duro Canyon in an RV one summer. I rode my bike and ran there, too. There are pictures you can see, if you get a chance, by going to my Travels tab.

      Delete
  9. I didn't know you had a weimaraner--they are such beautiful dogs!! Hiking for more than 1 day sounds very scary and torturous to me. You are tough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt