Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekend Exercise: Working Off the Pizza

Less than two weeks until race day! I'm running in the The Woodlands Half Marathon (Texas), which takes place on March 1.

Here's how I worked off last Friday night's pizza this weekend:
  • I ran 12 miles after eating these fluffy pancakes.
  • I rode 15 miles on my bike. It took me 1.5 hours. That's my longest bike ride this year!  
  • I exercised with this video: 10 Minute Abs Workout For Women At Home.
  • I went on a walk with my husband and our Weimaraner. You can see a park squirrel in the animation. Those little guys are all over the park.
Links...

Can we train our brain to become more resistant to mental fatigue and cause better physical performance?

The Olympic games - athletic performance and fitness technology combined.

Just in case you need to find your bike in the dark!

Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. I'd think a bike finder would be great during a tri....not that I'd know a thing about those...haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding your bike for a tri - great idea!

      Delete
  2. Wow - I'm pretty sure that you totally burned off that pizza - great job on the long bike ride!!!
    Are you tapering this week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm starting to taper now! This week's longest run was 12 miles. Last week's was 17.

      Delete
  3. Yummy, pancakes and pizza, it all sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying some non-carb breakfasts lately until I had those pancakes full of carbohydrates. I think the carb-laden breakfast gave me more energy - no problems running 12 miles and speeding up at the end.

      Delete
  4. Way to go on your long bike ride! I think you worked off the pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice way to burn off pizza! I always end up eating pizza after a long run for some reason, I think I have the process backwards haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY only TWO weeks until the Woodlands races!! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a busy weekend! I hope you got in some good sleep after all of that. :) Good luck with the rest of your training/taper before your half!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had pizza for the past two weekends. It is kind of embarrassing because I LOVE to cook. I just haven't had time. And after running 13 miles (or biking for 1.5 hours!) a slice of cold pizza = amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow nice bike ride!! I'm sure you worked off that pizza.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...