Monday, February 24, 2014

Woodlands Half Marathon This Week!

Apple Crisp Parfait

Race day is nearly here! On March 1, I'm running in The Woodlands Half Marathon (Texas), which is about 20 minutes away from my home. I'll pick up my race packet later this week. Something I like about the Woodlands race is that they use an online race guide - a great idea!

Weekly Recap (2/16-2/23)


New Recipe I Tried this Week: Apple Crisp Parfait (Joyful Healthy Eats link) I sauteed diced apples in butter with cinnamon and layered them in a cup with yogurt and granola to make a parfait, which would be good any time of the day.

Daily Running Miles: 12, 0, 5 1/2, 6, 5, 0, 10, 0. (5 days out of 8 running.)


Total Running Miles: 38.5 miles. My pace has been on the slow side lately so I'm hoping that a restful taper week will be just what my body needs. 


Cycling: On a non-running day, I rode 15 miles. After 10 miles, I stopped to get a drink at a water fountain and I noticed that my legs felt like Jello.

Strength Training: 3 times. Various exercises like push-ups, leg raises and reverse crunches.


The Audiobook I Listened to When I Ran and Rode at the Park: Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger. I liked learning about why some online content goes viral. Worth listening to!


24 comments:

  1. I like the picture of your snack. It looks very healthy.
    I don't know the song your listened to… But that's probably because I like to listen to country and western songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to an audiobook! I'll fix my post. Glad you commented!

      Delete
  2. Good luck in your race. I like the sound of that book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I am sure your pace is slow because your body is tired and ready to taper! Can't wait to read about the race :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck at the half next Saturday! I'll be there running the full (my first one!) so hopefully I'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the week and good luck with the race. Nice to do the local events close to home, my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to do awesome this weekend!! I'm sure that after a week of tapering your speed will be right where you want it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on your race! I took it easy this past week and ended up having a decent 8K on Sunday so sometimes a well rested body yields good results. Your training has been great so give it your best shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the race, I'm looking forward to your recap! I think you've been having some great mileage and you'll have a good race. You'll find your pace from the atmosphere from the other runners :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That race guide is pretty neat! Good luck on Saturday! Hope your taper week fuels you to have speedy legs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo, so close to race day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you have a great training plan going! Good luck at the race! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your taper. Hope you have a great race on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck, Tina! You have trained so diligently these past months. Can't wait to see all this hard work come to fruition. You are going to rock it! Have a nice, easy taper week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Apple Crisp Parfait looks so yummy and it looks like you had an AMAZING exercise week. Wow! I wish you all the best for your race.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That apple crisp looks great! And good luck for your half on Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wishing you a successful race! Sounds like you are well prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck Tina!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have a great race! Enjoy it! The book sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! Race week is finally here! I hope you have a great race :) That apple crisp parfait looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just wanted to say "Good Luck" tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it family friendly!