Monday, March 24, 2014

3 Faves: Running, Recipes & Reading



Running Outside
I've especially enjoyed the scenery this week! While running, I've seen the sunrise, spring flowers blooming, 5 deer, an armadillo, a big turtle, bright red Cardinals and a bald eagle. That was really special since I haven't seen a bald eagle since August.

Garmin Connect Tip
Did you know that if you already record your mileage using Garmin Connect, you can see your yearly total on it? Click on the Plan tab, go to goals and set a mileage goal for the year. This will keep a running total of your miles towards your goal. This week I ran 50 miles and this year, I've run 435 miles. It might be fun to run 2014 miles this year, but being able to do that depends on my body. So far, so good, though!

New Recipe
Something that I'm pretty sure that I can manage in 2014 is to try a new recipe every week. This week I used a new Greek marinated chicken recipe that uses yogurt. It was delicious and I'm sure I'll be making it again.

A Good Book
This week I learned a lot of information about spies that I had never heard about before in George Washington's Secret Six: The Spy Ring That Saved the American Revolution. I'm glad I was able to find it at the library and to read it on my computer at home using Kindle.

iRaced.com
Head on over to iRaced, my other blog, for links to 15 race reports - everything from a 1 mile race to a 100K race!

22 comments:

  1. Ok, that is seriously cool that you saw a bald eagle on your run this week! The coolest thing I've seen during a run is a deer... I just hope I never see a snake. I would have a heart attack lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That reminds me... I also saw a snake! It didn't scare me, though, because it was only a dead garter snake.

      Delete
  2. my outdoor scenery has not been as exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed at all of the wildlife I see since I'm not very far away from the city life of Houston.

      Delete
  3. Good training last week. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne! Unlike your weather conditions, we've had some warmer weather lately so I didn't have to bundle up like you did for your recent half marathon, making it a nice week to be outside.

      Delete
  4. You see some really amazing wild life on your runs - nice!
    That greek yogurt marinated chicken looks delicious - might have to try it in the next week or two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things I liked about it was that it was so easy to make. I hope you like it as much as I did.

      Delete
  5. Nice mileage!!! I think that would be amazing to reach 2014 miles for the year ... I hope you can reach it! How often are you changing your shoes out lately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My shoes usually last about 400 miles. It's about at that point that I start thinking about how they feel and if they're feeling a bit flat.

      Delete
  6. Great mileage! I would love to see a bald eagle! That's very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worth stopping to stare at it even if nobody else knew what I was doing!

      Delete
  7. I use my Garmin for every run but haven't gotten in to using Garmin Connect. I set it up once but couldn't figure it out so of course I just gave up on it! Maybe I shall try again some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's time consuming. I wish it was easier to set-up, too!

      Delete
  8. I think flowers are too scared to come out here right now, it won't stop with the snow! My Garmin connect keeps freezing up everytime I try to download, so annoying!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's annoying! If that happened to me, I'd check to see if there are any updates needed.

      Delete
  9. I have been lazy about using my Garmin. I only use it on my long runs. Otherwise I use Nike+. I do keep track of all my miles on Dailymile.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of the wildlife you saw ! That's always fun. Unless it can eat you. Then it's not fun. LOL

    (sorry if this posted twice...I lost it once!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so lucky that I can run outside throughout the year. Our winter is slowly approaching and my morning runs are now in the dark and there is a bite in the air. I'll check out the chicken recipe for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mm. Greek marinated chicken sounds good! So does a colonial era spy book! Hope you are having a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen a bald eagle in years. Mainly, all I see on my runs are bunnies, squirrels and the occasional coyote. I love American History! There are so many fascinating things that I've learned in recent years that we weren't taught in school.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a beautiful sunrise! I am loving your iRaced blog, by the way! Race reports are one of my favorite things to read on a running blog, and your blog has led me to ones (especially the ultra's) that I never would have otherwise come across.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...