5 Reasons To Like Fitbit Flex



New Activity Tracking Gadget 

I have a new gadget for tracking my sleep and daily activity. It's the Fitbit Flex. I can set the Fitbit to track daily steps or active minutes. The active minutes option might be good so that I know that on days that I haven't run that I've still gotten in 30 minutes of active exercise, but I haven't had much experience with that yet.

5 Reasons I Like Fitbit Flex:
  1. It tracks a restless night.
  2. It tracks daily exercise/active minutes.
  3. There's a (nearly) silent alarm setting. 
  4. It fits my small wrist with 2-3 holes to spare. 
  5. My husband has a Fitbit, too, so we compare our results just for fun.  

My First Two Weeks with Fitbit Flex

Looking back on the stats, I can see that Sunday night was great, but last night I was restless. Last night I slept 7 1/4 hours with 8 restless minutes. The night before, I slept for 6.5 hours with zero restlessness plus I had a long Sunday afternoon nap. According to Gadgets for Collecting Data on Sleep, one thing activity gadgets can be good for is knowing how restless you are while sleeping and that's something that's been interesting about the Fitbit Flex.

Sleep and Books

Lately, my sleep has improved and I'm happy with the amount of sleep I've been getting. I wish I could say that all I had to do was go to sleep earlier, but my problem is usually that I wake up in the middle of the night. That's when a good book is my only option. At least I have gotten a lot of reading done that way. Between sleepless nights and listening to books while I run and ride, I've read and listened to 31 books so far this year!

Comments

  1. I've heard really good things about the FitBit! Tracking restless nights would be stressful for me though... my husband says I move around constantly. I am fairly certain I'd have more restless moments than restful moments. The problem is I have no idea how to fix it lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you posted about the FitBit! I never knew it could track sleeping - really good to know. I wonder how well I really sleep :) And I really love that you and your husband compare! Great healthy competition!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you plug this into the computer at the end of the day or do you read the results right from the bracelet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get active minutes or daily steps updates on the Fitbit by looking at dots that show you've met a certain percentage of your goal. All of the results are on your phone or your computer.

      Delete
  4. I'll have had my FItbit One for a year in April and I still love it and wear it everyday. The sleep stats are interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tempted to get this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I'm impressed with how few restless minutes you have. My force usually is in sleep for close to 7 hours but I never get over 5 hours of sleep. Last night it showed 14x restless. Maybe I need to run more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know you could use the Fitbit to get data on your sleep. That's pretty cool!

    31 books already!? You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's pretty cool about the sleep tracking feature...I should get that. I don't sleep well at all..wake up a lot. On second thought, maybe I don't want to know how bad it really is lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Fitbit Flex looks awesome! A friend of mine recently gave me something similar made by Polar. I've yet to try it though. Now I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 31 books? That's awesome. I don't know much about these Fitbit devices, so that is interesting to hear your experience with it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a cool little gadget! One day I might get one too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I might have to check one out. I'd be really curious about the restful sleep part. I think I am a lot more restless than I realize! Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up