Friday, March 7, 2014

Back At It After a Half Marathon




Feeling Great
What a difference you feel after running a half marathon compared to the marathon! After running the Woodlands Half Marathon on Saturday, I took a long walk through the woods with my husband and our dog. My legs felt fine.

14 Mile Run
Yesterday I ran 14 miles, fueled by a handful of dates. It was an easy run to do because it was 30 degrees cooler yesterday than it was on race day. Today I ran 8 miles. I'm gearing up for a possible 50k race in which I'd want to get in a few back to backs where I'd run two days in a row with some decent mileage.

Deer
On one easy 5 mile run this week, I accidentally ran up quietly upon 6 deer. This startled all of us!

Strength-training (3 sessions this week with a focus on arms)
  1. Tank Top Arms at Fit Fab Cities blog
  2. Arms at Run Salt Run blog
  3. Overhead Tricep Press (30), Bicep Curl (20), Standing Chest Fly (10) 
Running This Week (after the race): 40 miles
It's been great to get right back to running after the half marathon!

18 comments:

  1. Dang girl, that is impressive to run 14 miles after the half! Nice job!! When is your 50k?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The race is May 10 but I haven't registered yet and there are some shorter races, too. I'm really just thinking about it right now.

      Delete
  2. Too bad you live so far away - my next race is May 10, too - you could come to KS and do a 50 mile with me!!!
    Great week of training coming off of your half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I won't be ready for 50 miles by then!

      Delete
  3. I think half marathons are a typical run for you lately ;) Glad to read you are feeling good and back in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you certainly didn't take much time to rest after your half!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Half marathon is a great distance. Long enough to feel you did a good workout and short enough to recovery quickly. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halves are great for recovering from!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Super productive weekend. Lots of miles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang girl you don't waste any time! That is a nice thing about a half though--not much recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So impressed by the power of just a few dates! I'm crazy over halves - well 1/2 crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is what I love about the half marathon! It is definitely a challenging distance, but you can "bounce back" so much faster. You really bounced back. That's some high mileage after a race! When is the 50K race that you're considering?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's May 10. That's 8 1/2 weeks away so, hopefully, that's enough time to train for it.

      Delete
    2. That's exciting!

      Delete
  11. Wow, you are amazing! I can't believe you ran 14 miles so soon after running a half. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! The deer must really be attracted to you - you run into them a LOT!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...