3 Things I Like


  1. I like wild animals, like that deer, who hold still long enough for me to pull my phone out of my pocket, to pull it out of the sweat-proof baggy, to find my camera on it, to sort of focus and finally, to take five pictures. 
  2. I liked this 2 1/2 minute video about Ed Whitlock, now over 80, who was the first man over 70 to run the marathon in less than 3 hours and runs a .37 mile circuit for hours daily. Now I feel like one of my favorite back and forth runs on a .7 mile park road is not really so short after all.
  3. I liked Saturday's low humidity here in SE Texas.That wasn't the case on Friday when I finally decided to quit running after 7 miles of what felt like running in a rainforest. But on Saturday, because the humidity was so low, I didn't just run the planned 4-5 miles. I ran 9 miles. That was a good way to finish my 36 mile week of running.

This Week's Workouts (7/14-20)
  • Saturday: 9 Mile Run, exercises like dead rows, bicep curls, push-ups, bench dips, heel raises
  • Sunday: Rest

Comments

  1. I love that you get such cool pics on your runs! Yay for little to no humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard about Ed, but did not know about the marathon, that is INCREDIBLE! WOW! I hope I can do something that inspiring when I am his age! Looks like a great week of workouts for you, love that you incorporate so many different supplemental exercises in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week! We had some cooler/lower humidity weather this week, too, and it was wonderful. It is so helpful when wildlife actually holds still so you can capture a picture, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great week of training! Ed is so cool...it's always great seeing him on the roads and in the races up here...he's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Low-humidity is such a gift! Glad you took advantage. Wow EW is nothing short of amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great week, Tina! Good job capturing the deer. I can never get to my phone in time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the low humidity in NM as well. However, it's been 60+percent humidity lately (I'm accustomed to <30%) and it's gross!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture!! I loved the lower humidity this weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a great photo to get on your run!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I lived in Houston those low humidity summer days were like GOLD. I took advantage every time. I bet your nine mile run felt amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're in for some very high humidity this week. Since I'm running early, it shouldn't bother me too much (I hope??).
    I love seeing wildlife on my runs as well. Deer no long impress me since they are constantly strolling thru our yard. We have too many. My favorite are the bunnys. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job getting a lot of miles in. My mileage has been low for various reasons but that's okay for now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That 80 year old guy is impressive!!!
    And, I love the idea of repeating a loop over and over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We so rarely have high humidity here, I did travel once to Corpus Cristi in July and thought I was going to die in the humidity. Great week of workouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to be running in Montana. This morning, it feels like 90 with the humidity - a good day for a short run!

      Delete
  15. Great exercise tips! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I never manage to have wild animals cooperate with me for a photo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always great when the humidity takes leave :) I love that ran so much longer then you planned. I visit MT about once a year to see mom and that's always such happy running for me, I am always envious when i see Christy's pics :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt