3 Things I Like
- I like wild animals, like that deer, who hold still long enough for me to pull my phone out of my pocket, to pull it out of the sweat-proof baggy, to find my camera on it, to sort of focus and finally, to take five pictures.
- I liked this 2 1/2 minute video about Ed Whitlock, now over 80, who was the first man over 70 to run the marathon in less than 3 hours and runs a .37 mile circuit for hours daily. Now I feel like one of my favorite back and forth runs on a .7 mile park road is not really so short after all.
- I liked Saturday's low humidity here in SE Texas.That wasn't the case on Friday when I finally decided to quit running after 7 miles of what felt like running in a rainforest. But on Saturday, because the humidity was so low, I didn't just run the planned 4-5 miles. I ran 9 miles. That was a good way to finish my 36 mile week of running.
This Week's Workouts (7/14-20)
- Monday: 6 Mile Run, Amy McCauley's Core Workout Videos
- Wednesday: 6 Mile Run, Stability Ball WO (The Fit Fork), short ride and walk
- Friday: 7 Mile Run, Coach J Myrtl Routine Video (runner-specific WO)
- Saturday: 9 Mile Run, exercises like dead rows, bicep curls, push-ups, bench dips, heel raises
- Sunday: Rest