Friday, July 25, 2014

Focus on Races



Today I've got 10 race reports to share and I'll focus on the Badwater race that began on Monday. I hope you find some new running blogs that will become favorites and be inspired to sign up for a challenging race.

The Race

The 2014 Badwater 135 mile ultramarathon race, which takes place in California, has 17,000 feet of elevation gain. I can't imagine ever running 135 miles, but it's fun to read about people who did.

Nikki Wynd, a 42 year old from Australia, shared what it took to train for the 2014 Badwater here. Nikki ran about 110 - 125 miles a week, didn't do any cross training and planned to use Tailwind for the race. She finished the race in 29:44 and was the 3rd female finisher.


Your Inspiring Race Reports!

5K:

Crazy Running Girl blogger ran the Stampede 5K (WI) with her young nephew. They finished in 26:18 and he was 2nd in his age group.

Running with the Girls blogger ran the Bond Brook Trail Race (ME). With all of the turns on this course, it would be easy to get lost, but she didn't. It was a course PR race for her with a time of 31:58.

5 Mile:

Robin ran the Angus Glen 5 Miler (ON, Canada) and finished first in her 40-49 age group with a time of 41:35. Robin walked away with a great race goodie bag and cash.

15K:

Anyone Can Run blogger completed the Too Hot to Handle 15K, which is a perfect name for a summer race in Texas, while representing Team Chocolate Milk in 1:21:06. She finished 6th in her age group.

Half Marathon:

Detroit Runner blogger ran the scenic, but muddy, Waugoshance Trail Half Marathon (WI) in about 2:16. Finishers were given cherry juice after the race.

Fitness Cheerleader blogger completed the North Face Endurance Challenge Trail Half Marathon (ON, Canada) in 3:03:45. Read her report for 7 trail racing tips.

Run to Munch blogger finished the Jamestown Half Marathon (RI) in 1:37:18 and earned a top place in her age group. One nice feature about the race is that runners receive free race photos.

Marathon:

Organic Runner Mom blogger ran the Bear Brook Trail Marathon (NH). She finished the 29+ mile race in 6:07.

50K: 

Lauren on the Run blogger ran the Harding Hustle Trail 50K (CA), a race she never thought she'd run because it's a steep and hot race, in 9:27.

Zach Bitter ran the Psycho Psummer 50K (KS) in 3:51:31 and won it after a breakfast of bacon and eggs and using Vespa and soda as race fuel. 

14 comments:

  1. Awww how wonderful that you are sharing others success stories in races. That is great Tina, and these are some great results! I think you should make this a regular feature :) I love seeing others reach their goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I like reading the reports, too! Now that it's two weeks in a row for "Focus on Races", I think I've started something!

      Delete
  2. Great reports/results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on winning some cash at the race! That's got to be exciting!

      Delete
  3. 135 miles?! I can't even imagine - I thought 100 was the cap on that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of a 200 mile race in Tahoe!

      Delete
  4. I think it is so nice you are doing these race reports! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to gather them through the week. I like reading them!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for putting together all the race reports! So inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! They're inspiring and informative, too. Sometimes I find helpful tips for future races.

      Delete
  6. Fun to see so many race reports! That ultra...holy smokes. I listened to an interview w/ her on a podcast this week. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that was a podcast with Nikki Wynd... I'll have to look for that!

      Delete
  7. How fun is this post! I couldn't imagine running Badwater, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you share other blogger's race stories! I am so impressed with those who run ultras... I cannot fathom 135 miles of running!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...