Mind Games & My Freebies


Mind games make it easier to run through a tough run. Lately, the humidity is what makes getting out for a run tough. When I start running, I look for things that are good like little breezes or the fact that it's not as warm as it could be.

Once I'm really feeling the humidity, I need to begin the numbers games. For instance, if I'm doing 5 loops, everything after the 3rd loop feels like I'm nearly done. Then I can start playing the food game when it's time to plan out how I'm going to refuel. The goal: nutritious and delicious.

Hopefully, the Klean Athlete Recovery drink that I was given at the recent local triathlon expo in The Woodlands (even though I didn't race) will fit into that healthy and tasty category. Also, I look forward to trying the Java Pro whey protein that showed up in my mailbox unexpectedly.

Other free items that I've received are items I requested online like the nicely scented Greek yogurt honey lotion and tea I requested through All You.

Update: I also find out about a lot of free offers because I follow Money Saving Mom on Twitter.

Recent Workouts
  • Sunday: Rest. 
Do you have any tips for getting free stuff in your mailbox?

Comments

  1. Thats nice, its always fun to receive free stuff. A lot of companies will be happy to send you samples if you reach out to them and tell them about your blog. I have found quite a few that way! Hang in there with the humidity, you will be glad you did when the humidity lifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Requesting samples is a great idea. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Awesome about the free stuff... I don't get any free stuff unfortunately. I sent CW-X an email after I tore my compression capris at Sulphur hoping they'd feel sorry for me and offer me a new pair...they didn't...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just heard of someone who lost their cell phone in a lake when they were fishing. Sprint sent out a free replacement even though she didn't even ask for one. Too bad you didn't get a new pair, but "good try!" because you never know!

      Delete
  3. Houston humidity is killer - even just going out for a walk! I feel like I need a shower within like 5 minutes lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know! Sometimes I feel like I need another shower right after I shower!

      Delete
  4. Today was the first day I really minded the humidity here while I ran. Suggesting samples is a great idea. There are probably a lot of companies online that would love to send samples out if people took the time to request them! (hmmm, maybe I should look into that..lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do that, I hope you share about it on your blog. That would be fun to read!

      Delete
  5. The humidity was RIDICULOUS here last week and through the weekend. Today was much better. It was actually cold...I had to shut the windows because it was too cold! So weird. Glad you're able to break through the mental barriers w/ your mind games! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to believe that hot humid air is less dense than dry hot air - my nerdy science self tries to tell my head that when I'm running in this hot, humid weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I play lots of mind games when running long distances too. Lost of fractions. Like I'm 9/18 done which is half walk, but next mile I'll be 10/18 which is 5/9 and I kind start adding and playing with math numbers... anything to keep me busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are definitely days where I have to play mind games during my long runs. I try to distract myself with meal planning and thinking up new recipes. I don't know why, but that seems to be one of the best distractions for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only free stuff I get is stuff they hand out at race expos :) When a run gets tough, especially in the humidity, I'll play the "water game." I'll break things down by a mile (sip/gulp of water each mile) or by a half mile or sometimes even a quarter mile. Whatever it takes to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for trying out the Klean Recovery! We would love to hear your feedback. We're on Facebook, Twitter & IG - @kleanathlete.com or feel free to email us at info@kleanathlete.com.

    Good luck beating the heat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt