The Easiest Pickle Recipe


The only easier way to get yourself some pickles would be to open up a jar of store-bought pickles! This is a great way to get some extra use out of leftover pickle juice.

Directions
  1. When you've finished a jar of pickles, save the pickle juice in the jar.
  2. Slice a cucumber and place the slices in the pickle juice in the jar.
  3. Refrigerate. 
I followed steps 1-3 and opened the pickle jar two days later. My cucumber slices were ready to be eaten and tasted great. I plan to put cucumber slices in my pickle juice like this again the next time that I use all of the pickles in the pickle jar.

Comments

  1. What a great idea! I just picked a cuke last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha love it! What a great idea! I had just been wondering about how to do this, but you are so right, use what you already have....now I just have to finish the last few pickles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really a good idea, haha! :) I love a quick "pickled" cucumber salad. I often use rice vinegar and do it a bit Korean style with added pepper flakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm.. that sound delish!

      Delete
  4. AWESOME idea! My daughter loves pickles so it will be no problem getting an empty store-bought jar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought cucumbers at the farmers Market and will definitely will be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, it is that easy. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant believe i never thought of this myself! what a great idea! Totally trying this out! Meg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea!! I wonder how many times you can re-do the same pickle juice?! ha. This reminds me that there are people who go around to the little stores near here for "Hot Mama" pickled sausages juice so they can pickle their eggs. Wild stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the best idea! I have got to give this a try in the near future! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt