7 Random Facts About Moi*


1. I'm glad that my husband talked me into starting a blog over 7 years ago. I like it a lot more than I thought I would!
2. I took French in high school and college. I even use it on my blog*, but I'd rather use it in Paris.
3. I recently started using the Duolingo app on my phone to learn Spanish.  
4. Besides using my phone to learn a new language, I listen to a lot of books on it. I've listened to and read 61 books this year - much of the listening happens when I exercise.
5. When I go on hikes, I'm always the first to spot the snakes. Sometimes I like to jump over them.
6. Exercising makes me hungry. Some of my favorite foods are chicken, salads, avocados, full-fat dairy, whole eggs and not so healthy M&M's.
7. I keep a jar of peanut M&M's on my kitchen counter. Somehow, I can walk by that jar many times a day and not eat one. Unfortunately, I can also walk past my pull-up bar and ignore it.


Thanks to Running on E blogger, EB, for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award in which she asked me to share 7 non-running facts. 

Next, I nominate Miles and Trials blogger, Beth, who inspires me with her fast pace at races including her recently completed Boulder Ironman 70.3 race in 5:42. 

Last Week's Workouts (26 miles of running, some riding and some short strength training and weights sessions)

Monday: 7 mile run, abs/arms workout, some pull-up bar work
Tuesday: planks workout, 50 minute ride
Wednesday: 7 mile run (3 miles hard/tempo), abs workout
Thursday: arms/hips workout, some pull-up bar work
Friday: 8 mile progression run (I saw two deer and I saw a heron eat a fish!)
Saturday: 4 mile run, abs workout, some pull-up bar work
Sunday: rest

Comments

  1. Great 7 Tina! Duolingo sounds like a great find. I need to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After using it only a short time, I can already talk about ducks drinking water!

      Delete
  2. How cool it was your hubby's idea to blog!
    I used my hs French in France and the people just lit up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using French in France - that's what I'm talking about!

      Delete
  3. I had no idea that you've been blogging for 7 years! I hope we can last that long with our little blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to learn Spanish for some time now. Thanks for the app recommendation. I am downloading the app right now! Listening to 61 books thus far this year is quite impressive. I need to listen to more books on tape and not just music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started listening to books when I ran and rode last year. I only wish I had started sooner!

      Delete
  5. You have great will power to not eat M&M's all day long. I would go through a jar a day lol! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I come over, you'd better put that bowl of M&M's away because no way could I avoid those! I have no idea how you do that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you jump over snakes because you hate them, are startled by them or because it is fun?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I could never keep candy sitting out - I have zero will power!!!
    I like to listen to books when I take long road trips alone and when I iron the tablecloths at our venue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that Duolingo app! Perfect for learning and brushing up on other languages :)

    Looks like a great week of training!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of the phone app for learning languages. That's a great idea. I'll check it out.
    Great job on a good week worth of work outs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job on speaking French and learning Spanish! I decided to raise my daughter bilingual (german and english) and I really hope she will be good at both languages. It's not always easy for me to stick to German (even though it is my mother language) when I'm around other people, I easily jump to English.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that you are fluent in two languages and that your daughter will be, too!

      Delete
  12. Thank you, Tina. You are too sweet! I accept your nomination and will get working on my random facts today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I know summer can me a busy time with kids at home from school so take all of the time you need. It took me awhile to post! Still, I look forward to reading yours!

      Delete
  13. What a great week of workouts! I loved your seven facts :) I am English challenged so learning a new lang. is really cool to me, I am always impressed when anyone is bilingual :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up