1. I'm glad that my husband talked me into starting a blog over 7 years ago. I like it a lot more than I thought I would!2. I took French in high school and college. I even use it on my blog*, but I'd rather use it in Paris.
3. I recently started using the Duolingo app on my phone to learn Spanish.
4. Besides using my phone to learn a new language, I listen to a lot of books on it. I've listened to and read 61 books this year - much of the listening happens when I exercise.
5. When I go on hikes, I'm always the first to spot the snakes. Sometimes I like to jump over them.
6. Exercising makes me hungry. Some of my favorite foods are chicken, salads, avocados, full-fat dairy, whole eggs and not so healthy M&M's.
7. I keep a jar of peanut M&M's on my kitchen counter. Somehow, I can walk by that jar many times a day and not eat one. Unfortunately, I can also walk past my pull-up bar and ignore it.
Thanks to Running on E blogger, EB, for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award in which she asked me to share 7 non-running facts.
Next, I nominate Miles and Trials blogger, Beth, who inspires me with her fast pace at races including her recently completed Boulder Ironman 70.3 race in 5:42.
Last Week's Workouts (26 miles of running, some riding and some short strength training and weights sessions)
Monday: 7 mile run, abs/arms workout, some pull-up bar work
Tuesday: planks workout, 50 minute ride
Wednesday: 7 mile run (3 miles hard/tempo), abs workout
Thursday: arms/hips workout, some pull-up bar work
Friday: 8 mile progression run (I saw two deer and I saw a heron eat a fish!)
Saturday: 4 mile run, abs workout, some pull-up bar work