Focus on Races



I had a lot of fun reading through the following race reports this week. I hope you find some that inspire you to keep training for your upcoming race or to go for a run just because.

5K:

Boston Bound Brunette blogger ran the City of Cypress 5K (CA) in 23:43 and beat last year's time. It certainly wasn't an easy race with the late start of 7:30 on a warm day.


Mom vs. Marathon blogger ran the See Jane Run 5K in Seattle off of just 15-20 mile weeks. She finished in 24:12 and came in 2nd in her age group.


Read Bake Run Repeat blogger completed the very muddy Dirty Dash and had more fun than she expected to while sliding down slip and slides and getting hit by mud blasts.


4.3 Miles:

Turkey Runner blogger ran the Spartan Sprint Race (MD) with friends, which must be the best way to run an obstacle race. Her photos show just how muddy a race can be.

9K (5.6 Miles):

Run to the Mountains blogger completed the chilly, muddy Blackmores XTerra Dome Valley Trail Race (NZ) in 1:16:40. Even the steep climbs couldn't keep Sheryll from finishing only 4 places after Samantha Warriner, two-time Olympian, who finished in first place in Sheryll's age group.

10K:


Anyone Can Run blogger finished first female and second place overall in the Christmas in July 10K with a time of 48:22. Too bad it didn't feel like Christmas in the summer heat!

Out and About blogger completed the Esprit de She 10K in 55:43 and beat her 13 year old PR. Special activities after the race included hair braiding and manicures.

Run Far Girl blogger ran the Sixo3 Summer Fest 10K (NH). She came in 3rd overall and won a belt buckle and $50.


Why Mom Runs blogger ran the Sixo3 Summer Fest 10K (NH) in 49:32 and came in 4th in her age group. She just started her blog in July and one of her goals is to BQ.

10 Miles:

Girl Goes Running completed the Tely 10 Mile Race (Canada). Her time was 1:14:40 and she has a new PR.

Half Marathon:

Eat Host Run Style blogger completed the Chicago RnR Half Marathon with about 14,000 other half marathoners. She finished in 1:42:08 with a new PR.

Move Fuel Love blogger finished her first official half at the Darwin Runners Club Half Marathon (Australia). She used a run/walk method and finished in 2:13:34.

Marathon:

Stuft Mama blogger ran the San Francisco Marathon in 3:26:20 and came in 3rd in her age group. This was her 15th marathon. 

100 Miles:

Tahoe Running Helen completed her first 100 mile race when she ran the Tahoe Rim Trail 100 (in CA & NV, I think). She ran through hail and lightning and plans to run her second 100 mile race in September and why not? She wasn't any more sore after this race than she is after running marathons.

Comments

  1. Tina, I'm so happy to have found your blog! Love your focus on races feature - such a great idea to learn about new races and other bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on finishing the half marathon in 1:42! I'm looking forward to following your marathon training!

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday, Tina! Thank you so much for the shout-out on my 10K PR. I really, really appreciate it! And wow, you put together a FABULOUS collection of race recaps here. I'm off to read. And I can't wait to read YOUR next race recap, too!!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless something I just can't pass up comes along, I probably won't race this summer, but I'll keep running through the summer so that I'll be ready when our temps cool down. Congrats on beating your old 10K PR!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the links Tina! Always enjoy learning about new races.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to reading about your upcoming 50K... Or 55K!

      Delete
  4. I am just meeting you (hello!) but you must have read my mind in writing this post. I was thinking that reading race recaps are my all-time favorite thing, so I will definitely check these out. What's funny is that I have a hate-love relationship with races--hate them and never want to do them the day before because I'm so anxious but love them when I do them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to switch my thinking from, "I have to race today" to "I get to race today", but I still get some pre-race butterflies!

      Delete
  5. As much as I love to run, I don't like doing any obstacles or getting muddy doing it. Kudos to those runners that do the mud and Spartan races! ~L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking out all these race reports--and mine!

    ~Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love your race link-up - some great recaps here today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stuft Mama is so fast, and always has the cutest race clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the shout out on my 5K! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the shout-out! Can't wait to check out the other reports!

    ReplyDelete
  11. reading about everyone's adventures really does inspire me to create some of my own :) Great links!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this race link u, so many great bloggers I haven't heard about and looking forward to follow on their journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up