Wednesday, August 20, 2014

JavaPro Coffee & Whey Powder Drink Review

I was surprised to find an envelope with a packet of caramel JavaPro, a coffee and whey powder mix, in my mailbox recently.

Does It Taste Good?

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't drink coffee very often. When I do, it's mixed with something else like chocolate milk! I've tried a lot of whey protein powders that I didn't like, too, so I was surprised that I liked the flavor of the caramel flavored JavaPro.

The Specifics: Mixing It and Protein

Using my Cuisinart Smart Stick was the best way to mix it with water. The caramel flavored JavaPro has 20 grams of protein per serving, which I think is great.

Coffee and a Runner's Edge

Speaking of coffee, I recently read that caffeine may reduce tinnitus risk or ringing in the ears. Last week, I linked to a post that stated that Joan Benoit Samuelsen started drinking coffee at age 50 and that she thinks that it gives her an extra edge in running. I wouldn't mind some extra energy!

12 comments:

  1. I read that recently too, that coffee may help with ringing in the ears. That is something my hubby suffers since Iraq ... although he is not a coffee drinker. I've been thinking about mentioning this to him to try as an experiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that! If he doesn't like coffee, maybe trying it mixed in with something would help take the edge off the taste.

      Delete
  2. I made it all the way through college without starting to drink coffee (much to my dad's surprise). But then I spent the first 3 months of my new job traveling and all of the hotels had free round the clock coffee, and I got hooked. Now I have to drink one cup every morning to keep from getting a caffeine headache. It's useful before a long run or race, though. Gets things moving, if you know what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing I wanna stay away from: caffeine headaches = not fun!

      Delete
  3. I like reading that coffee can help health :0) I drink it every morning so that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost always have a cup of coffee before I go running (unless it's late in the day); I'm not sure if there's a benefit anymore, due to the fact that I've been drinking it for so long, but I sure enjoy it! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hearing about coffee helping running - I've never been a coffee drinker but maybe I should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big coffee fan, but I don't like very much before a run. I guess I don't need anything else getting my heart rate up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love coffee but can't drink it before I run. It makes me feel sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that if I ever try coffee before a run, it better be a short run just in case it makes me feel sick, too, especially since I'm not used to it.

      Delete
  8. I never drank coffee until I turned 40! Now, I'm slightly addicted to iced coffees and lattes. Oh well, at least I avoided it for the first 40 years of my life! I use the Click Protein Powder that is coffee flavored. I'll have to try the JavaPro.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't drink coffee before a long run for years, because I was nervous I need more bathroom stops. Recently I did drink a cup and I felt so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it family friendly!