Friday, August 8, 2014

Your Race Reports! (8/8)


Here's a new post of race reports found on the web this week. Big congrats to the runners for crossing the finish line!

5K:

Anyone Can Run placed third in the Melon Dash 5K with a time of 23:31 in her last race before she turns 40. Next, she will be training for a marathon.

Eat Host Run Style blogger ran the Race for the Bacon (WI) with a painful blister, but still finished in 22:42. Finishers are treated to a bacon bash!

Running with the Girls blogger ran the Spandits 5K (ME) in 24:12. Race day included friends and family members running the race, too.

5 Miles:

Girl Goes Running blogger completed the Mt. Edward Grocery Memorial Run (Canada) in 36:48. Even though this is her second race in just 6 days, she finished with a new PR.

Run Karla Run blogger completed the NYRR Team Championships (NY) in 44:59. Read her race report for the lessons that she learned during this race.

Half Marathon:

Stepping Out blogger ran the San Francisco Half Marathon (CA) in 1:42:59. She placed in the top 3% of women and it was her 24th half marathon.

Taking the Long Way Home blogger ran the Zooma Half Marathon (IL) in 2:14:30 despite the heat and humidity. Old and new friends helped her cross the finish line.

50K:

DenNarr.com blogger completed the Big Basin 50K trail race (CA) and finished in 6:31:52 with a PR. He used Tailwind Nutrition powdered drink during the race, which he's used since April. (Here are my posts about my first run with Tailwind and my 50K+ race with it.)

100 Miles:

Jaime posted a guest blog report at Running with the Hayneses about finishing the Vermont 100 Trail Race. She came in just under 24 hours and won herself a shiny new belt buckle. In her report and in the comments, she shares details that might help you run a 100, too.



10 comments:

  1. I really like this, thanks! Not too long and I will be running some races. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Training is fun, but race day is so exciting! I'm looking forward to my next race, too.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed Karla's 5 miler report. It shows how important it is to learn from your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know, one of the best things about racing is all of the lessons you learn and it's fun to see what other runners find out.

      Delete
  3. 100 miles WOW!! Thanks for sharing those reports! Congrats to all finishers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved these links. Reading race recaps are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the race recaps! 100 miles is not on my bucket list, but it's fun to hear about people who challenge themselves. It's quite the accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, the Vermont 100 has been on my list if I ever take it to 100. Thanks for posting the links.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! Love seeing all these recaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats again on getting 3rd place in the 5K!

      Delete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...