20 Mile Run


Today I ran 20 miles with a fast finish. It felt good to see a 9:31 pace on my Garmin 220 for mile 18. Then I ran mile 19 at a 9:17 pace. The last mile was a cool-down mile with my dog. My average pace was 10:31 for the whole run.

After my run, I ran up and down the park stairs for 6 minutes. I was much more tired doing the stairs this week than I was when I did them last week after only 15 miles. Time seemed to stand still today!

Before the run, I ate a giant blueberry muffin from Cracker Barrel. My husband and I ate there yesterday and I had my first steel-cut oats (creamy!) and brought the muffin home for my pre-run meal.

During the run, I had three servings of the honey mixture I wrote about last week. Next time, I think I'll just take honey and leave out the molasses for a sweeter taste.

Photo Facts
The Beauty Berry Bushes (aka French Mulberry) are in bloom here in Texas and fill the park where I run. In the photo, you can also see the creek that runs below some of the paths where I run.

Comments

  1. Finishing a 20 mile run with a couple fast miles is such a good feeling. It's a good reminder that there is still something left in the tank. I think it is really interesting that you run stairs after your long runs. I might have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stairs - just getting a little more of a workout on my tired legs!

      Delete
  2. You must have some beautiful paths to run in Texas! You amaze me. 20 miles and you still had enough energy to do stairs? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing flowers and berries - one of the highlights of my runs!

      Delete
  3. Good run! I love using honey for my runs. It works for me and I really love honey. I recently founs a good local honey product that I will review soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing that you run with honey! I haven't heard of many others who do... Unless you count Honey Stinger gels. I've tried that before and liked it, too.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good run, Tina. There is something about breaking that 10 min. pace on a long run that brings such a feeling of success :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it brought a little extra fun to the end of the run when I was already pretty happy to have run so far!

      Delete
  5. Well done Tina! Great pace too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! On one of my next long runs, I hope I can run more miles at a faster pace.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like one of the good ones!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that my honey didn't leak is one reason it was a good one. Not dealing with sticky fingers is always a plus!

      Delete
  7. Great job on your 20 miler. I have yet to do one before the marathon at end of the month. I know major fail! Oh well, such is life! How did that blueberry muffin sit with you during your run? I am assuming well if you got through 20miles:) -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you get in that long run you want before the marathon. The muffin was delicious and since the run went well, it was a good pre-run experiment!

      Delete
  8. Great job on your run! I cannot imagine doing stairs for 6 minutes after a 20 miler. Those berry bushes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stairs were harder this time - so hard that I was definitely watching the clock at the end!

      Delete
  9. That's awesome you feel strong enough to run that fast at the end of a really long run. Good job on the steps, if it were me I may have bagged it lol I am curious since you have run so much, what feels like a "long run: to you now?

    ReplyDelete
  10. 15? Good question! And sometimes it depends on the day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt