Airia One Running Shoe Review


Airia shoes emailed me and asked if I'd like to review their running shoes. Recently, my shoes arrived on my door step - all of the way from Sweden. Aria says that their shoes will make you run faster, which I was looking forward to testing.

Three major differences in the Airia One shoes from other running shoes that I've worn:
  1. The front of the shoe bends upward, which didn't seem to bother me.
  2. The toe box is too wide for my foot. 
  3. Under the ball of my foot, I feel an uncomfortable bump in the shoe sole. Unfortunately, this is the main reason that kept me from giving these shoes a thumbs up.
Three types of runners who might like to try Airia One shoes:
  1. Runners who like to try new types of shoes.
  2. One review that I found stated that these shoes might be good for runners with plantar fasciitis
  3. Runners who don't have an upcoming race and can take a risk on a new type of running shoe. I have a half marathon and a marathon that I'm training for now.
Questions: Have you tried any unique running shoes lately? Would you want to? Have you been given the chance to try a new product because you're a blogger, too?

Comments

  1. I've never heard of these shoes. As a new blogger I haven't had the opportunity to try new products. I'd love to though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you get a chance to soon!

      Delete
  2. Hmm...these look funky to me. Thanks for reporting out for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting look on these shoes.
    I haven't tried any shoes that are totally different like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried a number of different brands, but these are the most different style I've ever tried. I'm glad Airia gave me the chance to try them!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear your review about them. I recently tried them out myself and I had a little different experience with them. My review will actually be up on our blog of those tmrw. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was interesting to read your thoughts on these shoes on your blog. I hope they help you in the 10K!

      Delete
  5. I tend to go with Nike because I know the brand, however, I'd be willing to try new shoes. As a running blogger,I think it would be fun if a company were to send me shoes to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to rotate two or three pairs of shoes at a time - usually in different brands. Right now, it's Brooks, Saucony and New Balance.

      Delete
  6. Interesting.. the upturned toe is the exact opposite of the Altra model. They would highly disagree regarding the plantars fasciitis part!
    A bump under the ball of my foot would stop me cold too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bump - it feels like it gives you a bit of a push-off when you take a step.

      Delete
  7. I don't think they would be the shoe for me, I still like some cushion. I do love to run in Altra Torin for short runs and the treadmill, but I need more shoe for a half marathon .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the cushion in the Saucony Ride I wear.

      Delete
  8. I love trying new products. I've only had the opportunity to test Mizuno shoes but there are SO MANY MORE... I just love running shoes. Lucky you. And good luck in your training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd really like to test some Mizuno shoes!

      Delete
  9. I don't think I've seen these in SA yet. I've seen adds in magazines and so on but never the actual shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of them until they emailed me, but after a little internet searching I think they're more well-known in Europe.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt