Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding


Chia Seeds are Nutritious

Eating chia seeds is a healthy way to add protein, fiber, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids and calcium to your diet. Plus, they're fun to experiment with because they change the texture of food and thicken it. Here's a chia seed recipe that you could use for breakfast or even for dessert like I did this week.

Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding

Mix together:
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • mashed banana
Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until it becomes like pudding, but stir it a few times so that the seeds get mixed in well.

Ideas for more add-ins:
  • nut butter
  • granola
  • mini chocolate chips
Or add them all like I did!

What if you don't like the chia seed texture? To change the texture, blend it all together.

More Chia Seed Pudding Recipes

To make fruity chia pudding, just substitute fruit for the cocoa powder. This week, I tried prunes for the first time. I was happily surprised to discover that I liked them so I made prune chia seed pudding with them. For two more chia seed recipes, like chia seed muesli, see the chia seed post that I wrote last January.

Have you tried chia seeds? What healthy new food or drink have you tried lately? 

Comments

  1. Thanks for the tip about blending the chia seeds! I can't stand the texture of putting them in food, so I stopped trying. I'll have to give blending a try, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They weren't like tapioca any more, but I still had tiny bits of chia seeds. Maybe you'll blend yours better than I did, though!

      Delete
  2. They always taste like fish to me. Or maybe I'm thinking of flax. Wait is that the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! Have you been storing your chia seeds with your tuna fish?

      Delete
  3. I used to make chocolate chia seed pudding all the time, but I haven't in a while...thanks for the inspiration! I've been making lots of yogurt/granola bowls with fruit lately but I will maybe change it up with some chia seed pudding, or add chia seeds to the yogurt bowl for some crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried chia seeds, but if you can add coco powder and chocolate chips, how can it taste bad?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds delicious and simple! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never made a chia pudding. But dang that looks really good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt