Highlights: Brain Training, Races & More


Favorite Links of the Week

Train Your Brain for Your Best Running - Tips on building race confidence like thinking about your form when the race becomes tough.

How Mental Toughness Gives Athletes the Edge - Learn the five-step process to becoming tougher.

How I Train (Kim Conley, Winner of 2015 Houston Half Marathon) - A recent change she made - only strength trains two times a week. I've decided to go back to doing only 2-3 sessions a week, too.

Comparison of Garmin Vivofit and FitBit Force - This week I also compared two activity trackers. One day, I ran 5 miles according to my Garmin Forerunner 220 and 5.4 miles according to my Fitbit Flex.

8 Things You Should Never Say to Yourself About Food - Relax about food. Eat for nourishment and enjoyment.

5 Inspiring Race Reports 

Husband and Wife Repeat as Marathon Bahamas Winners - Winning marathons is nothing new for this couple. In fact, Justin has won 75 marathons so far!

Ms. Adventures of an Ultrarunner blogger, Traci, completed the Bandera 100K (62 miles in TX) in 12:30 and came in 1st Masters USATF female winner! She shares the lessons learned after running the race with dead legs like taking one day off for every 10 miles raced.

Running Around My Kitchen blogger, Beth, completed the New Year's Day 5K (AR) hoping to PR. Not only did she PR, she was 1st in her age group with a time of 24:12!

Ultra Runner Mama blogger, Caroline, ran through thick mud and cold weather to finish 3rd female at the Bandera 100K (TX) in 10:39!

Unsporty Women Can Run blogger, Annie, completed the Cadbury Marathon (Australia) in 5:12. It was her first marathon!

I narrowed this week's list down to 10 even though I found many more great links and race reports. I hope that you enjoy them!

Comments

  1. I definitely need to work on mental toughness. Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure and I need to work on it, too! The next marathon course I'm running, The Woodlands Marathon, will be pretty but a little monotonous because trees line the roads almost the entire way. Mental toughness needed!

      Delete
  2. Lacey wants to start working on ultra races so I may have to pass this one on to her! -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I know Lacey will like the challenge of the longer distances!

      Delete
  3. Love the race recaps - especially the 100K!!! Ilike the idea of taking off 1 day for every 10 miles of running.
    And, thank you for including a link to my post comparing trackers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! That sounds like a good amount of recovery time before you run again after a race.

      You did a great job on that post with the side-by-side comparisons of your activity trackers!

      Delete
  4. I love these posts! So much good reading material!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up