My 5 Running Motivators
1. I watched the race coverage of the Houston Marathon. I ran 5 miles at 6 am so that I could watch the race on TV. I've run it 8 times! Watching the race made me wish that I was racing, but I'll be racing the Woodlands Marathon on February 28. The Woodlands race is closer to where I live now.
2. We've had shorts weather here in Texas and I looked forward to running in the warm sunshine.
3. I won a Brooks Pure Project Beanie from RunLikeAGrl so I was glad that it was cold enough to wear it for my run yesterday. I like the slouchy design, the fact that it stayed where I put it and that it covers my ears without hugging them so tightly that my earbud feels too tight in my ear.
4. I won a running book, too! Reading running books makes me want get outside and run. I already finished reading the book - Running for Mortals by John Bingham and Jenny Hadfield (giveaway by Skirt Sports). It's really for beginning runners, but it lists strength-training exercises that I'll use. Today I did 30 minutes of exercises from it like one-legged planks and one legged wall-sits.
5. My next race is in less than 4 weeks! It's the Love. Run. Half Marathon held on February 14. All race funds help Colombian orphans and adoptive families. What a great way to spend Valentine's Day!