Simple Shepherd's Pie



On a chilly night this week, I made shepherd's pie to warm us up. It's one of my favorites because it's easy to put together.  

Simple Shepherd's Pie

In a 9" x 9" baking dish, place:
  • 1/2 lb cooked ground hamburger
  • 1/2 cup beef broth (I use Better Than Bouillon)
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup mixed vegetables such as corn, carrots and peas (frozen is fine)
  • 4 cups leftover mashed potatoes
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Then broil until top is browned.

This meal makes about 4 servings, but you could double it for larger families or potlucks. For a side, roast some vegetables while the shepherd's pie is baking.

What is one of your favorite meals for warming up on cold days?

Comments

  1. You know I actually had no idea what shepherd's pie was until now. I just kind of put it in the category with mincemeat pie.... something English that I'm probably never going to try. But that sounds really yummy! I love a simple casserole or crock pot dish this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter time is a good time to fire up the oven!

      Delete
  2. I had to read the recipe to figure out exactly what it was, too, Meagan! I knew it had mashed potatoes on top but that's it. Sounds yummy! My husband dislikes casseroles...I wonder if I could sneak this by him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After sneaking some cauliflower into our mashed potatoes years ago, I don't do much sneaking any more!

      Delete
  3. I'm a fan of shepherds pie myself. I have never considered adding a side though, I figured it was sufficient as a one pot meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic! It will get colder here by end of week. I know what I will make Friday!!! :) Thanks Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how easy the recipe is! and it looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy recipes are my favorites!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week