Monday, March 9, 2015

Marathon Recovery


Today I ran 10 miles. It was a little bit hard to get out there because it was raining and cold, but that's much better than running in the heat and humidity that we get here in Texas during the summer. I ran through puddles and tried to find the most shallow stepping spots, but most of the time I was dreaming of the hot chocolate I'd drink after my run.

After running The Woodlands Marathon on February 28 (my recap), I took three days off from running and then got back at it with a couple of short runs and a couple of ten milers. All of my runs were at an easy pace except for one. (Photo: the marathon female master's winners.)

Last Week

Tuesday: walk, strength training (20 min.)
Wednesday: 5 mile run (felt tired only in the first mile)
Thursday: strength training (20 min.)
Friday: 10 mile run (felt great, 2 x 15 min. fast)
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 6 mile run (6 strides), core work (20 min.)
Monday (today): 10 mile run, strength training: arms (20 min.)

I don't know what's next as far as races go, but I know that I'd like to build my mileage back up just because, well, I like to run!

14 comments:

  1. Looks like you are recovering well after completing your marathon. Hot chocolate sounds delicious after a cold run. That and a warm Epsom salt bath. -L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh we've all had crazy weather! I think we're finally warming up here at last. Nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can tell you love to run! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, liking to run is the very best reason of all to build up your mileage I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are back at it after the marathon! Are you thinking about another ultra?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to try one, but our schedule is kind of up in the air right now. We'll see!

      Delete
  6. Nice recovery miles. Can't wait to see what you will put on your schedule next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. It doesn't sound like you needed much recovery! I think everybody is different when it comes to that. I can't wait to hear what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And you podiumed? Very cool! All that cross-training made you strong. Good to hear your recovery is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish! No, I didn't podium. Recovery is going well, though. : )

      Delete
  9. Someone asked me why I ran 10 miles last weekend when I am not training for anything, I'm like you, I just like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ten miles in the rain is commitment :) That's awesome you bounced back so quick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are feeling so well. It always amazes me when people run longer distances just because. I always need a race to motivate me to get out there. You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...