Must-have Fitness Gear


"My park" was closed for a few days because the park creek was so full after all of the rain here in southeast Texas so I did one mile laps in my neighborhood a couple of days. It was better than I thought it would be, but I was relieved when the park opened in time for my 15 mile run today. 

Besides the rain, I've got packing on my mind. My husband and I will head north and visit Canada - somewhere we've never been to before. Maybe I'll get the chance to run and hike in Banff National Park! If so, I'll have to watch out for bears. From flooding to bears, there's danger everywhere!

We'll be in the RV and space is tight so my list is only for what I can't live without. Tell me if I forgot something.

Must-have Fitness Gear


  • energy gels
  • water bottle w/holder, 4 bottle waterbelt, camelbak
  • Garmin/charger/HRM strap
  • Fitbit & bag w/extra bands, etc.
  • alarm (since pepper spray isn't allowed in Canada)
  • anti-chafing stick
  • shoes
  • shoe tag ID
  • running caps/visors
  • running underwear/socks, gloves
  • running shirts (tank, short, long-sleeved)
  • running shorts, skirts, capris, pants
  • running jacket
  • resistance bands
  • safety light arm band



  • This Week's Workouts

    40 miles of running and 2 bike rides plus dog walks, Hadfield's CoreMyrtlno equipment needed arms WOLauren's Core WOupper body WO w/weightsLow Back Pain Exercises for Runners and Meb's Drills

    Saturday: Bike 43 min. and then run 5 miles w/finishing sprints (heavy legs at start of run!)
    Sunday: Run 3 miles, (short run - storm)
    Monday: Run 10 miles (2 x 15 min & 1 mile hard, sprints)
    Tuesday: no run/ride
    Wednesday: Bike 45 min.
    Thursday: Run 7 miles, sprints
    Friday: Run 15 miles (some rain), 5 minutes of stair running

    Comments

    1. You had a great week Tina! I had to click and make sure Banff was where I thought it was and it is :) I think it will be amazing and probably very cool at night! I went to Lethbridge ( kind of the same area) several years ago and was awed by how pretty it is and how clean everything smelled :)
      I am glad the park opened for your long run, the thought of running 15 miles in one miles laps...whew, tough!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, at least I enjoyed seeing how everyone decorates their yards on the run through my neighborhood.

        Delete
    2. Glad to hear the rain didn't get you too bad even though it closed your park. I am so jealous you are heading north. I've never made it to Banff, but the pictures are just stunning. Have a fun trip!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I was hoping to run a race there, but we might not be there in time.

        Delete
    3. Have a great trip! The Caveman has been talking about going to Banff for years. Can't wait to hear about it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'll be sure to blog about it!

        Delete
    4. Sorry about your park being closed and about all that rain! That picture of your dog at the park gate is pretty cute, though. :) Your picture to Canada sounds like a blast! I had no idea you weren't allowed to use pepper spray there.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I ordered the Trail Toes you recommended. It seems to work well. Will you need that for your trip? I'm addicted to my new Fitbit! Have fun in Canada!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I was thinking about all you Texans this week with all that rain. I've seen some pretty scary images on the news! Stay safe friend. Have fun on your trip! -M

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm looking forward to the trip and having time to plan it out more once we get going. For now- busy, busy!

        Delete
    7. Stay safe with all that flooding, and oh heavens Banff looks amazing.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes, so pretty! I was hoping to run the Banff half marathon on 6/21, but probably won't get there in time. Might be just as well, runners may see grizzly bears!

        Delete
    8. Good thing your park opened in time, 15 laps would have been torture!
      I got engaged in Banff up above Lake Louise :) Have fun in Banff.
      I think your running list looks pretty good!
      I hadn't realized just how much rain Texas had been getting until someone mentioned it yesterday, yay for rain, but yikes maybe a little much!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. What a beautiful place for a wonderful memory!

        Delete
    9. Nice week of training! Have a great time in Canada. We are looking forward to having you :) Wrong side of the country for a visit, maybe next time.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Aww, your doggy looks so sad! Cute! Have fun in Canada! Sounds like you've remembered everything on your list.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ha, ha! As it turns out, going through the neighborhood and seeing streets I don't usually drive down was nice, too!

        Delete
    11. Wow I'm so jealous! My traveling heart would love to go to Canada one day. Also the road trip there and back will probably have its own excitement! Post some pictures when you're back and rested! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'll be posting lots of photos along the way. Looking forward to sharing what we see!

        Delete

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

    Popular posts from this blog

    Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

    Running: My 60 Mile Week

    45 Mile Week with New Running Belt