South Dakota Running: Badlands and Lewis & Clark Park


We're in the Badlands National Park today! It was overcast when I took that picture, but the dark skies didn't take away from the beauty of the layered rocks and canyons. We saw buffalo and antelope yesterday. Today, I saw a coyote during my hilly run in the rain that was cut short to 4 miles because of a lightning storm. 

Repairing the Awning in the Badlands
The camp sites at the Badlands are so cramped that an RV ran into our awning while driving by today. There doesn't seem to be a day that goes by that something doesn't break! Still, we're having a great vacation. Just look at the mountain views! 

Swim, Zoe, Swim!

I signed up for my 17th marathon - the Missoula Marathon held on July 12. I ran a 20 mile training run on Sunday at the Lewis and Clark Park on a 4 mile asphalt trail along the lake. Cytomax drink kept me going with no tummy troubles like I thought it had caused before. I was glad that my legs felt better than they did the day before when I ran 7 miles after riding in the RV all day. Afterwards, my husband and I took our Weimaraner over to the lakeside beach for a swim. 


My Husband (on left) Buying Tomatoes

One of the fun things about Saturdays is Farmer's Markets. We stopped at a small one in Sioux City, Iowa, on the way to South Dakota. We're looking forward to more of these as we travel this summer.

In case you missed the add-on to my last post, here's my husband's post about the alpaca farm where we stayed because we're Harvest Host members. Check it out if you want to see me shear a llama. That visit was on our second and third day of our RV trip from our home in Texas to Canada and it was truly an adventure.

Comments

  1. You are living my dream life, Tina! I want an RV so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The RV has been more fun than I thought it would be. : )

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness! Your poor awning! Did the other RV even know he knocked it off? Well, looks like your hubs has it fixed. It's really nice being married to a "McGuyver", isn't it! Your trip looks so fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, and the driver was sorry... Yep, I think he can fix just about anything!

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous place to run and explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing new wildflowers and birds has been great. This morning I saw a Western Meadowlark. Such a pretty song they sing!

      Delete
  4. Zoe looks so happy! That area is so beautiful. I remember traveling through there when I was a kid! Bummer about the awning. :( Hopefully that's the end of your mishaps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to spend the summer. So fun! Goodluck training for your next full. Way to go on that 20 miler.-L

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Badlands! I felt like I was on another planet. Absolutely gorgeous scenery. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun summer! I've never been to badlands, but it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds as if you having a wonderful adventure! The pictures are beautiful. I'd imagine an RV is like a boat (and maybe much worse)...something always needs repair. Only 3 weeks until your marathon? I can't wait to read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Badlands looks really amazing :)
    Zoe looks happy in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, I can't believe someone ran into your awning! It must be really cramped there. Glad y'all got it fixed - they can be tricky to deal with. Although the time we replaced ours it was because a wind storm literally ripped the thing off the side of our trailer. Fun times. Badlands look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt