Packing the RV & a 15 Miler

We're going on a trip soon! We'll begin by going north from our home in Texas. I packed some clothes into our RV already and so far, so good. Maybe I can even squeeze in a few more running shorts into the closet!

We hope to stay at a farm or two along the way using Harvest Hosts. You pay an annual fee and you stay overnight in your RV at a farm at no extra cost, except that you will probably want to purchase something like fruit or cheese at the farm. I used this Harvest Hosts code, WYNNS15, to save 10% on the $44 fee.

This Week's Workouts

I added 5 miles of running to last week's 40 miles for a total of 45 miles of running this week plus 2 bike rides and 3 strength training sessions. I usually finish a workout with a walk with my dog.

Saturday: Strength training 
Sunday: Run 10 miles (6 miles hard effort)
Monday: Run 6 miles, Strength training 
Tuesday: Bike 30 min. and then run 5 mile run (10 short hills)
Wednesday: Run 9 miles (last mile hard effort), Strength training 
Thursday: Bike 45 min.
Friday: Run 15 miles (some short hills on trails)

Today's 15 mile run wasn't too bad. It wasn't easy, but I never needed to sit down from lack of energy in the heat and humidity so I rate it a good one. I think that having more food and something other than water helped. I had orange soda, a Nuun tablet, a Tootsie roll and 6 Skittles - just cleaning out the pantry!

Comments

  1. Enjoy your trip! Packing in an RV is always delicate balance between having what you need and making it fit into the space you've got. I will say, though, that they do a good job giving you lots of storage compartments in RV's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Storage space is important! I'm glad we have extra bins down below.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to finish gathering what we're bringing so I can do fun stuff like planning what we'll do!

      Delete
  3. If you're running >1hour, you really do need to replenish those electrolytes and fluids. That was a smart move

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, especially if it's humid because that makes running kind of rough sometimes!

      Delete
  4. Love the variety of things you ate! LOL! The RV trip sounds fun. I'm intrigued by staying @ the farm! Do they let you plug into their electricity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but we're able to manage without their electricity. I made up for the candy on the next run - ate a banana!

      Delete
  5. Your trip sounds great - I hope you have fun! Congratulations on the positive 15 miles too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your strength in your running always impresses me! I keep hoping one day I'll be there. Great week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up