Monday, July 27, 2015

One Run, Two States


Today I ran 12 miles in two states during one run. We're staying at Premier RV park on the Snake River in Clarkston, Washington. I ran over a bridge and into Lewiston, Idaho, and kept going until I ran to Hellsgate State Park. The park looked very much like the rest of the bike trail scenery (see top photo).

I ran 3 goal marathon paced miles, which pretty much means I ran about as fast as I could for three miles! It was my longest run since running the Missoula Marathon on July 12 and it went well. I picked up my dog for the last 2 miles so she could get some exercise before we hit the road to head south towards Boise.


Earlier this week, we were in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho, which was crowded with tourists from what I could tell after grocery shopping and overhearing a store employee complain about the traffic. We stayed outside of the city, in Post Falls, where I got in a few runs from the Cabella's store where we stayed. They even had dog kennels there for campers!


Before we drove into Coeur D'Alene, we stopped in Sandpoint, Idaho, and visited the farmer's market for some good food like sun-dried tomato goat cheese and zucchini bread. I forgot to write earlier that we found raspberries and a few blackberries, too, in Montana along a drive in the woods.


The day we left Glacier National Park, they evacuated part of the park because of fires. We left on just the right day! When we were on our way out of Montana and heading towards Idaho, we came across Foys Lake. The color of the lake was just beautiful.

On a later day, we drove through McCall, Idaho, but if we're ever back there, I want to stop in that cute little wooded lake town to explore. We did stop for a lunch break on the way to Boise, in the middle of nowhere or also known as Lucille Recreation Park, and found people in the bushes which led to a discovery... We picked 2 cups of blackberries!

8 comments:

  1. I would love to run on that trail in the first picture! I will be in Idaho in September but the side right by Yellowstone. I want to map out scenic places to run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was running that trail tonight! Looks lovely! Your vacation photos are always so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are getting to see, and run, so much of the states.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks gorgeous! I need to visit Idaho someday. Also: Running in multiple states on a run is so fun. My husband and I have a route we do when we visit his parents that includes MI, OH, and IN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are doing some very awesome exploring! and nice job on your timing getting out of Glacier!
    We are headed to Coeur D'Alene next week to visit my husband's sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just discovered your blog, and see that we have a lot in common...I'm a runner, my husband and I have been married for 29 years, and love to travel! Not empty nesters yet, but we're working on it!
    Love the 2 state thing! Once we ran a race in Europe that started in Italy and ended in Austria.

    I have just started a blog about running and travel...hope you can check it out sometime! I am on bloglovin (though not too many followers!) https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/travel-running-a-little-bit-style-

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to run in two states on the same run! I haven't ever done that even though I live right on the Iowa/Illinois border and could easily make it happen. A dog kennel is a great idea for a campground!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, that first photo doesn't even look real! The scenery is amazing. Your run sounds cool, and so does Cabella's having dog kennels for campers. Very convenient.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...