Denver and Cheyenne: Running and History


Denver Trails!
I ran 9 miles in Denver on the Bluffs Regional Park Trails on Tuesday. After running the 10K race in Leadville over the weekend, I was ready to run more hills in Denver. I ran alongside three deer and I could see downtown Denver and the Rocky Mountains in the distance. We stayed at a Cabella's in our RV, which was right off of the Ridgegate Trail in Lonetree, Colorado, that took me to the park - a perfect location!

Only 4 Minutes to Set up the First Time!

We went to the REI store in Denver to look at camping equipment and running gear. It only took 4 minutes to set up an REI MSR tent. We're thinking about doing some back country camping someday and wanted to try it out. More than one person told us they have the same tent and love it while we set it up.


Red Rocks Entrance, Denver

We stopped by Red Rocks in Denver, but couldn't get in to see the amphitheater because a show was getting ready to start. We saw a live snake caught in some netting - a good reminder to keep my eyes open for snakes because we walked by it without seeing it on our way to the Red Rocks entrance.

Want an Earth Roamer!

We stopped at the EarthRoamer shop to look inside one of these $400,000 vehicles. They're self-sustainable. It's fun to imagine going off-road in one.

Now we're staying at an RV park in Cheyenne, Wyoming. The wifi isn't great here so I'm rushing to put my post together before I lose my connection again. Rush, rush!

From the RV park, I ran 5 miles yesterday. I found a town path to run on that had Energi Playworld park exercise equipment on it. I tried the balance disk, but only for a bit because I forgot that I'd seen it there and I'd already done some strength training in the RV. It was a little crowded in our RV where I was doing push-ups in the hallway. Umm, honey, can you wait to open the bathroom door so I can finish my push-ups, please?!

Ft. Laramie Barracks

Yesterday, we visited nearby Fort Laramie. It was a nice, quiet place to walk around and see the old buildings from the 1800's. It was dog friendly, too, so Zoe got to walk with us there.


Later, we stopped to see some ruts left by the pioneer's wagons. Zoe is sitting in the ruts left in the rocks and pondering the bravery of the pioneers...

Comments

  1. Can you imagine how scary it must have felt to leave all you knew and head west? and exciting, but a lot scary. Those are some impressive ruts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to imagine all of the difficulties they must have had!

      Delete
  2. That is ONE COOL Truck!!! $400,000! It must have it all!

    I am enjoying reading all about your adventures! It has been so much fun seeing the different parks, trails, and fun you've been having!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw an earthroamer yesterday on the roads. Must be fun!

      Delete
  3. That's a really cool view from the Denver trails! I ran in a city neighborhood park when I was there but never got out of the city to run on the nearby trails. I need to go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pleased that we happened to stay so close to that trail!

      Delete
  4. The EarthRoamer looks very cool. My favorite half marathon was run outside Denver through the canyons. Downhill! You'd had such an adventure. Do you keep an electronic scrapbook or an old fashioned one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just blogging my adventures. Works, so far!

      Delete
  5. Wow. Colorado is on my list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am completely jealous of all the interesting places you get to run. I love seeing all of the pictures. I took a cross country trip with my family when I was in high school (A LONG TIME AGO). I would love to do it with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's hard to work a run into our days, but when I find a run like this, it's worth it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt