Grand Teton National Park, WY
If you ever visit GTNP, you need to do what I did...
- Go on a class 3 raft ride down the Snake River. I was a little afraid to try rafting for the first time, but I had to be brave in front of our friends visiting from back home who went with us. That was one of my favorite things that I've done on my long vacation across the country with my husband. (Photo: I'm in the middle in the blue hat.)
- Run on the trails around Jenny Lake for nearly 3 hours while my husband and friends sat around waiting for the fish to bite. At least they saw a big one swim by...
|The Trail Around Jenny Lake|
- Carry bear spray. Buy the 9 oz. bottle because at least it sprays for 7 seconds. Take it on your Jenny Lake trail run and call out, "Bear, bear!" every few seconds. I spied four moose and heard there was a bear on the trail where I ran.
- Run from Jackson, Wyoming, to the GTNP for a 16 miler along Hwy.89 beside the elk reserve where I didn't see any elk. (I saw some later.) Take a picture of the entrance sign just seconds before a tour bus unloads.
- Visit Jackson, about 30 minutes from Jenny Lake, to walk around the town and shop for your post-run cool-down!