Utah: Escalante and Bryce Canyon



We've visited Escalante and Bryce Canyon (top photo) in the last couple of days on our RV trip through many states from our home in Texas...

It was my first visit to Escalante State Park. We found a slot canyon to walk through on Burr Trail Road - at first I missed it and drove about 10 miles out of the way. Oops. The unexpected trees in the slot canyon and the orange-red rock was something I've always dreamed of seeing.




Longs Slot Canyon 

We visited the small Anasazi State Park Museum, too. We saw the remains of an 800 year old pueblo and I walked inside a small replica of a home, too. 



We drove for a couple of hours up and down 45 mile long Hells Backbone Road and looked down into a another canyon. I'm so sleepy lately that somehow I kept falling asleep on that bumpy road. At least I wasn't driving.



I'll never grow tired of seeing those rock formations at Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah. After sightseeing there, we drove back to the KOA RV Park in Cannonville where we're staying and I ran until it was dark, which was too soon so I was only able to get in three miles.


Zoe Enjoying Bryce Canyon

Today I ran 5 miles with some hills along the Cannonville foothills. It was nice to run on the BLM dirt road and not worry about cars. I ran 45 miles this week. Time to taper for the Flagstaff to Grand Canyon Stagecoach Line 55K trail race coming up on September 26 in Arizona! Now I need to narrow down how I'll fuel, carry water (only 2 aid stations in 34 miles) and if I'll carbohydrate load. Part of the fun is the planning.

Comments

  1. Wow! Such beautiful photos. I have never been to Utah. Goodluck in planning for you race this Saturday. You have ran so much this summer during your visits everywhere that I have no doubt you will do great in your upcoming race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's going to be a challenge, but I can't wait!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I loved seeing the red cliffs, but now that we're near the Grand Canyon, I'm really enjoying the pine trees, too.

      Delete
  3. Slot canyons are something you don't see around here! They are so beautiful though.
    Good luck with your race taper! Sounds like you are ready to roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, today is going to be a real rest day, I hope! I've done a lot of hilly hiking and running lately. Must taper for Saturday's 55k!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt