16 Mile Run Plus Links

Thankful for the Deer I See When I Run and Ride Near my House

If only every 16 mile run felt like today's run! Here's what may have played into this negative split morning run. The night before I slept 9 long hours. I ate cream of rice made with 1/2 cup coffee, water, molasses and honey before the run. I ate a homemade 1 x 5" almond butter/raisin/ground pretzels bar and half a banana during the run. It was a cool 50 degrees. Average pace- 9:59/mile. My 1st mile split- 11:06 and mile 16- 8:49. 2 hours 40 minutes long.

Running Shoes: My Favorite Shoes to Buy

Reading Runblogger's Review of 2016 Trail Shoes gave me some new ideas for the next shoes I buy. Since I ran the Leadville 10K this summer, I need the New Balance "Leadville". Except that I think I'd like the wide toe box of the Altra. But running in Skechers like Meb (my Meb for Mortals book review) and Camille sounds pretty good, too. (Here's a podcast interview with Camille.)

Here Comes the Cold Weather!

The Norwegian Secret to Enjoying a Long Winter - I visited Norway in 2011 (First DayStavanger RunLast Day) but it wasn't too cold since it was March. It's a little chilly here in Texas, but it's great not to come home drenched in sweat like I do most of the year. Since enjoying hot drinks is part of the fun of cold weather, I was happy to drink my free caramel flavored coffee this week. Every Friday, Kroger gives free items away to users with the Kroger store app. Often it's yogurt or candy.

List of Women Runners Aged 50+ From the US

You might like to see the list for some new blogs to visit. Or see if they'll add yours!


Comments

  1. Love the '50' link! Not quite there, but a mere months away from the big 50 so will definitely check it out :)

    And need a new pair of trail shoes, so again, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a good training run! Will check out the 50+ links even if I'm not from USA :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have a UK/Australia list, but not one for Canada. Maybe they'd start one!

      Delete
  3. The homemade almond butter/raisin/ground pretzels bar sounds amazing! Sounds like an awesome run and looks like you met some wildlife too! I need to get new trail shoes too. I wear them in the snow during winter, so I better start looking into getting new ones before the snow starts coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one pair of trail shoes right now - Mizuno Wave Kazans. I was surprised when I noticed my doctor wearing Kazans. She said they're really comfortable. I like them, too!

      Delete
  4. I thought it was sweet for them to include me on that list! I think I want to try new running shoes. I guess Christmas is the perfect time to drop a that hint! I like a wide toe box, Maybe Altras?.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that kind of run- sounds like a great one ;) Sleep, love it!
    Thanks for the 50 list! Going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe on my next long run, I'll try changing only one thing to see if it goes just as well. Maybe I'll eat something different during the run - more carbs and less fat (nut butter).

      Delete
  6. Hi Tina, thank you for mentioning the blog list I have on my RunYoung50 blog. I am certainly interested in hearing about more women running bloggers over 50 from any country in the world. Katie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt