18+ Miles in Newport Beach Area


I ran 18 miles yesterday, mostly at the beach, just after we arrived in Newport Beach, California. Feeling the warmth of the sun, after our chilly Oregon visit, was great and seeing the ocean and mansions on the beach was a fun change of scenery.

Newport Beach Dunes RV Park
When I completed the run at the RV park where we're staying, there was a colorful sunset. I quickly cleaned up because my husband found us some places to eat: Panini in Corona Del Mar and then Sprinkles for ice cream (for me) and a cupcake (for him).


Today, I ran 8 miles on nearby Balboa Island beside the water (photo above) which gives me 50 total miles for the week (about 1/2 of the miles in Oregon and 1/2 in California). I found some great places to run as we traveled this week!

Running Miles This Week:
9, 5, 10 (windy), 0, 18 (w/stairs, hills), 8 (w/sprints)

Comments

  1. What another great wk of running. 50 miles, that's impressive. I wish I was out in California now so I'd be missing all this snow we are getting this wkend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't hard to run 50 miles this week - I looked forward to seeing new places on every run!

      Delete
    2. Oh, except for the short 5 miler - short laps at the RV park in the dark, but only because I wanted to meet my family for breakfast at Morning Glory in Ashland. Worth it!

      Delete
  2. Wow! What stunning vistas on your runs! Nice mileage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beach views were great! I forgot to write that I had 2 GU gels (chocolate and Root Beer) and Gatorade, which I liked, also.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous scenery to run in ! I haven't been to the West Coast in ages.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I lived near the beach, I'd want to do run on the beach as often as possible and to time it so I'd see the sunrise or sunset each time I ran.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Besides the beach running, I also liked running down the streets of Corona Del Mar and Balboa Island and looking at the houses, shops and cafes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week