California Coast Runner/Tourist


After visiting Santa Barbara, my husband and I drove up the California coast to Monterey where we stayed at a KOA in nearby Moss Landing.

Moss Landing Beach Run
From there, I ran to the beach where I saw sand dunes, seals, sea otters and that sunrise (top photo) - beautiful! Not a bad place to do a 5 mile and a 17 mile run. Last week, I ran 13 miles only drinking water. For my 17 miler, I also had raisins, fruit strips and flat Coke.

Sea Lions on Santa Cruz Wharf
We drove north to Santa Cruz where the sea lions hanging out underneath the wharf slept and fought over the best sleeping locations.

Monterey Wharf

Next, we stopped in Monterey to eat a nice meal at Caffe Trieste and to walk on the wharf. There are about 10 fish restaurants on the wharf and they all hand out clam chowder samples as you walk down the wharf- second lunch!


We took the scenic drive and walked the beach at Carmel by the Sea beside the Pebble Beach golf course. The ocean views are so beautiful that, now that I'm at the beach I can't decide which I like best, the beach or the mountains.


Comments

  1. wow looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to take more pictures, but had to stop myself - so much beauty here!

      Delete
  2. It is all so pretty! The sea lions are really amazing, just hanging out there lol
    Sunsets over water are so stunning.
    Running in different places all the time is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when you make yourself get out of your warm home for a chilly run and are treated to a sunrise like that one!

      Delete
  3. I visited Carmel and Monterey when I ran Big Sur a few yrs ago. It is such a beautiful place. Those sea lions are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the reason for my last visit, too!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a beautiful trip! Seal lions are fun to watch, we watched them for a while when we were in San Fransisco.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures - especially that sunrise one! I would love to go for a run there. I really enjoy our annual vacation to the beach, but my heart still belongs to the mountains :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Something I noticed about the beach- I liked being able to see for miles and miles - made me feel a little safer than when I have to keep a lookout for wild animals like I did at the Lake Cachuma campground. They had mountain lion warning signs there.

      Delete
  6. I love Carmel and Monterey area's. I didn't get to see the seals though, lucky girl!
    Love your pictures, just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing them was great - worth the time!

      Delete
  7. Hi Tina, my friend Holly from HoHo Runs turned me onto you. We travel a lot in our RV too. Mostly to races and racecations. :) I look forward to seeing the adventures you have! These pictures are simply gorgeous! I've never been to California but I hope having an RV now will allow me to make the trip in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet another RVer! We've had some great vacations in RV!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a beautiful trip. We plan to get a van conversion and do something similar! Love the sea lion pic:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I know you'll have fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week