California: Solvang & Santa Barbara


Before we moved to Texas, we lived in California. On this trip, my husband and I visited some old favorites, like Santa Barbara (top photo), and some new ones, too.

Santa Barbara

We stayed in our RV at Cachuma Lake County Park (new to us), which is in between Solvang and Santa Barbara. We walked around Solvang, stopping at the many Danish bakeries for delicious pastries.

Solvang
I ran 10 miles at the campground, happy to have the chance to run on hills. Then we drove to the beach to walk on Stearn's Wharf and State Street in Santa Barbara where we stopped at a great ice cream shop, McConnell's.


The next morning, I ran 8 miles at the campground. At the top of a short hill with a lake view, I ran underneath a branch that had broken off the trunk overnight. I ran that hill 12 times for some much needed hill work and to run off the almond flavored tart and the butter cookies from Solvang!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you had a fun trip! I've stayed at Cachuma Lake before -- for the Santa Barbara Wine Country Half Marathon -- and liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ran that race a few years ago. We traveled with my mother-in-law and my daughter. Race day was on Mother's Day. What a great time I had!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a lovely place! Running a hill 12 times? Did I read that right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a way fun trip!
    Beautiful country too! Love that you did some hill work while on the trip, how awesome is that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from a flat part of Texas, hills make me a happy runner!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad your campground ended up being a great running spot! Was it a fairly large campground, or were you running a lot of loops? Nice to be able to get in some hill work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, it was a large campground so the run was much better than it was when I ran 13 miles on a 1/2 mile loop at the RV park last week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week