Friday, January 8, 2016

Let's Drive to Central California!


Yesterday, we drove up to Tehachapi, California. We saw the snow and the famous train loop. (That's my husband taking a picture of me taking a picture of him!)

We left our home in Texas for an RV trip out west on New Year's Day. We drove to Bakersfield, California, where we've stayed for the last few days. We had a great visit with our family.


I guess I can run anywhere... My first run of 2016 was at a rest stop outside of Phoenix (see photo). I ran 7 miles on a .4 mile loop around the parked vehicles. Hopefully, that first run will be the least scenic run of the year.

Running (in miles) this week:
7, 11, 9, 5, 13 (progression run) = 45 total

My 2016 running goal is 2,016 miles, an average of 40 a week, so I'm happy with that total. I wonder where I'll run next!

10 comments:

  1. That's a lot of miles ! Great goal. My body wouldn't hold out, but I am training for my first marathon, and got some great destination races line dup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read about those destination races. Makes me wish I lived in Paris, too!

      Delete
  2. When I read your running adventures, I always get the vibe that you "get to run"; not that you "have to run". Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's how I feel - thankful I'm able to run!

      Delete
  3. 2,016 miles for the year is a big goal! Go get it :) I can't imagine running 7 miles at a rest area - you go girl. I am sure that will be your least scenic run for this year. Save travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 13 mile run at an RV park was a close second, but after that I ran at a campground with lake views - better!

      Delete
  4. Wow 7 miles around a parking lot is true dedication!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I had anything I might need close by (water, etc.)!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year, Tina! Congrats on some awesome mileage, despite being on the road - wow! Haha, 7 miles around a parking lot! I do the same thing, too, sometimes. It doesn't matter where you run, as long as you get to run, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! It's good to hear I'm not the only crazy runner!

      Delete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...