Northern CA Coast: Run, Hike, Google


Going for a morning run was the best way to start my day yesterday because I spent a lot of time in the car later.


On my 9 mile run through Eureka, California, I saw Victorian houses, the marina, a lot of homeless people in Old Town and only one other runner.

A Google Campus Stop

Before arriving in Eureka, we visited the Google campus in San Jose to look through the small museum and gift shop. I'm glad we stopped, but I'd only go there if it was on the way - not a lot to see. After our third In-n-Out burger stop on this trip and a donut stop at Krispy Kreme, we drove the RV through San Francisco and over the Golden Gate Bridge. I'm glad I wasn't driving on those hilly, narrow streets.

Redwoods National Park Trail
But back to Eureka! After my run, we left our RV at the Shoreline RV Park and drove farther up the California coast to Trinidad Beach (top photo) for fish and chips and then to Redwoods National Park where we went on short hikes and saw tall trees.

Comments

  1. Tina - That was a fun little tour. I love the first pic by the water - I wouldn't mind going for a run there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw some gorgeous beach views of the coast on our drive. Trinidad (top photo) is a tiny seaside town.

      Delete
  2. I know you are enjoying some beautiful scenery. I've always wanted to visit that area and especially see the Redwoods. I can't imagine driving an RV in San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus, we're pulling a car behind us!

      Delete
  3. Good things you got some runs in after stopping at all those in and out burgers:) Sounds like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burgers + Running = A Good Thing!

      Delete
  4. Man I miss the bay area! Can't really complain though. I now live in beautiful San Diego!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. San Diego would be a nice place to be a runner!

      Delete
  5. That scenery is incredible! What a neat place to run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been fortunate to run in so many different places on this trip. It really did improve after my first run of the year - short laps at a rest stop!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt