Running in Oregon


Yesterday, my husband and I continued our RV vacation. We saw huge Mt. Shasta when we drove into California from Oregon.

Phoenix, Oregon, Country Road

Before driving into California yesterday, I ran 10 miles around Phoenix, Oregon, early in the morning.

Wait! Phoenix is that way?!

I felt a little lost when I saw a sign that said Phoenix was in the opposite direction from the way that I was running so I pulled up a map on my phone. And then I missed a turn and ran 2 extra miles for a total of 10! Earlier this week, I ran 9 and 5 miles along Bear Creek. (That's the creek in the next photo.)


After the run, I treated myself to my first Dutch Bros. coffee after my 10 mile run. (The Dutch Bros. Co. started in nearby Grants Pass, Oregon.) On my walk back to the RV with my warm coffee in my cold hand, I saw a rainbow in the sky. It was a great morning!

Comments

  1. Beautiful picture of Mt. Shasta! My husband grew up in northern CA and Mt. Shasta is visible from the old farm :)

    And, whew, Dutch Bros makes some good coffee! Wish they had them in the Midwest. Enjoy your RV adventures!!! Love the pictures.
    Amy @ http://livinglifetruth.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would be a great view! I hope I run across more Dutch Bros on the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful places you get to run!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite things about traveling!

      Delete
  5. What an awesome trip you are on!
    Beautiful pictures, love the one with Mt. Shasta so pretty!!!
    Enjoy your trip, have fun running in awesome places!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived in Oregon years ago and it was fun to see it and family again! And to run there, too!

      Delete
  6. Looks like you're having beautiful weather. Can you send some our way here in the east?! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could send you some sunshine!

      Delete
  7. Wow! Mt. Shasta is beautiful :) I love all your fun running/traveling adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a ton of Mt. Shasta pictures. The closer we got to it, the more impressive it became!

      Delete
  8. That sounds like the perfect end to your 10 mile run! Oregon is gorgeous and I love that photo of Mt. Shasta. It must be amazing to see it in person. Some parts of Oregon (like that second photo you have) look very similar to where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so fortunate to live in a scenic area of the country!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt