5 Ways to Recover After a Long Race
After running The Woodlands Marathon on March 5, I was excited to get back to running but I knew that my body needed some rest. Here's what I did on the days following the marathon.
- Walked my dog, Zoe, and bird-watched.
- Spotted the first Bluebonnet of the season in the park during an easy run.
- Went on easy-paced bike rides while my husband videoed me with his drone.
- Napped like athlete Mirinda Carfrae - no 2 hour naps for me, though!
- Ate whatever I wanted like tart cherries for recovery (cherry smoothie recipe) and pecan pie - I won a whole pie on Pi Day, on 3/14, for memorizing the first 25 numbers of pi. It made a great topping on my oatmeal. It's healthier that way, right?!