Weekend: Running, Riding & a Drone


I've got running, riding and a drone video to share and a weekly recap of exercises, too.

Last Saturday, there was a 5K race at the park where I do most of my running, riding and walking. I showed up with my bike just as the race was starting and some of the participants offered me money for my bike - wanting to cross the finish line sooner!

My husband, who has a drone business, Flying Phantoms, brought his drone and made this Resurrection 5K video for the church putting on the race. My favorite parts of the video are the bird's eye views of the park and the people waving at the drone.

I rode my bike and then I ran 6 miles. My legs felt sluggish when I tried to speed up after riding and running a warm-up mile, but the race was a good distraction. There were lots of high-fives and cheers all around. I finished up my workout morning with a walk with a friend and both of our dogs.

On Easter morning, after my bike ride and core workout, I went to the park. It was such a contrast from the day before - quiet. That was good, though. It made it easier to run multiple times around a small lake (8 x 400 meters). At first, eight seemed like too many, but once I had finished four, I knew I'd complete the eight I had planned to do. And that wrapped up my weekend workouts!

Weekly Recap

Thursday: 4 mile run w/6 1-min hills (more hill workouts), full body workout
Friday: 3 mile run w/4 sprints
Saturday: 35 min. ride, 6 mile run, arms: weights (video)
Sunday: 45 min. ride, 5 mile run (8x400m), core workout
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 5 mile run (8 short hills and 4 stair flights), full body and back workout
Wednesday: 12 miles with last 5 miles the fastest (longest run since The Woodlands Marathon 4 weeks ago), core workout

Totals: 35 miles of running, 2 rides and 5 other workouts

I hope you got in some good workouts this week, too!

Comments

  1. Another great week of training for you :)
    The video was really good. I love how all the landscape and activity was captured.
    That is a beautifully manicured path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots to choose from at the park... You can see that I have a choice of road or path/trail in the photo, plus there are trails in the woods!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful park! Fun way to showcase a race, I wonder if it was hard to film with all those pretty trees:) Love the idea though, that is so much better than when they strap a camera to the front of a car or bike and drive the course to show it off, plus it made it fun for the participants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great park! When flying through the trees with the drone, it just takes a little extra planning to make it work.

      Delete
  3. Cool video! Great job with your wk of workouts.-L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My Saturday morning workout turned out to be more fun than I expected!

      Delete
  4. Who would have though only a few short years ago you could make a business out of flying drones! Very cool video! I attended a wedding with one flying around and a concert. I think it would be neat to have one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know - some things change so fast!

      Delete
  5. That video was so neat! It looks like a goregous park and I also loved the people waving to the drone and pointing it out to their kids.

    Are you starting to build up for another race? I see you've got that 25K on your schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ramping up my training miles for that upcoming 25K. I'll probably see lots of alligators on race day - better be able to run fast!

      Delete
  6. Not sure my legs would stand the bike and run.. I have never tried it. Run & pool yes, and I am usually exhausted afterwards ! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I rode and then went for a run was a real eye opener. I don't know how triathletes do it, plus there's the swim!

      Delete
  7. Wow! You are active!! It's always great to see other runners who aren't "just runners." ;-) I also noticed some stair-climbing in there....that is my second favorite fitness activity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was you one of your stair climbing posts that reminded me that I need to get some stair climbing in again, so thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt