2016 Running Goal & Veggies




Have you ever eaten roasted cauliflower? I topped my salad from Mod Pizza with cauliflower and so much more. At Mod Pizza, you go through a line and they make your salad or your pizza right before your eyes. My salad with lots of toppings only cost $4.87 and it was delicious, along with our pizza.

Weekly Recap

Friday: 45 min. ride
Saturday: 8 mile run, arms: weights (video)
Sunday: 45 min. ride, 6 mile run (6x800m), few minutes of body-weight cardio Fitness Blender workout video for people who get bored easily
Monday: 5 mile run (10 short hills and 5 stair flights), balance/core exercises
Tuesday: Upper Body Toning w/Weights (video)
Wednesday: 6 miles, core workout
Thursday: 10 minute circuit strength workout, 15 mile run with last couple of miles at harder effort (pre-run: waffles and banana, during run: watered down juice): earphones died, but nature sounds are nice!

Totals: 40 miles of running, 2 rides and 6 other workouts

What's your favorite roasted vegetable? Here's a roasted vegetable post with helpful cooking times. After my yummy salad, I can't wait to buy and roast some cauliflower at home.

What is one of your goals for running in 2016? I ended the week with 520 miles of running in 2016. I'm on track for 2,016 miles in 2016!

Comments

  1. I have to laugh though, I just watched Disney's Inside Out for the first time and that scene where they go to get pizza and they put broccoli on it and he says, now you've ruined pizza came to my mind and gave me a chuckle.
    However, I don't think you've ruined it, I've never had anything like this, but it actually looks fabulous. I do love cauliflower and roasted sound really good. I'll have to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I roasted cauliflower and it tasted great- I like it much better on salads now. I have to make it more often.

      Delete
  2. I just saw a cooking show where they substituted cauliflower for ground beef. One recipe they used it for was Tacos. Of course they brown it in taco seasoning. I've been wanting to try the cauliflower like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! Might try that when I make tacos.

      Delete
  3. I have never had roasted cauliflower...sounds good, though! I've heard of cauliflower as a crust for pizza (?), and that sounds like something I need to find. Lots of great workouts, and your miles are impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I've heard of that crust, too, but haven't tried it. Roasting always makes vegies taste better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roasted cauliflower is one of my favorites! 520 miles of running this year is awesome! April is going to be a really light mileage month for me, and of course I miss all the miles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have guessed that you've tried it!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great week of workouts! Love Mod pizza! I tried it when I was in Seattle. Wish there was one closeby, I'd probably go lots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE your goal of 2016 miles for the year! Sounds like you are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny- just told a friend about my goal and then kept thinking how hard it might be after all. Gonna give it my best shot!

      Delete
  8. wow sounds like your week was great, that is a lot of running. What are you training for ? I have stopped running with music except on really long runs. I prefer the relative silence. And roasted veggies ? I am the queen of roasted veggies. Peppers, onions (put them in towards the end or they burn), carrots, butternut squash, sweet potato... love it all and so easy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading your comment, I'm hungry! I'm running a 25K trail race today. Should be fun!

      Delete
  9. I am always impressed by 2016 goals ! That is way too much running for my body but so happy that you are on track !

    I love cauliflower, but only cooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to revise my goal of 2016, but it's a good challenge!

      Delete
  10. Mmmm roasted cauliflower sounds so good. One of my favorites is roasted broccoli. For some reason I've never combined the two, but I think I should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that - very good!

      Delete
    2. I've done that - very good!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up