Two 15 Mile Runs This Week!



Time to run 15 miles! After some toast with honey and a banana, I started the Strava app on my phone to track my run. It's fun to see the running others are doing (especially if they start running at 4AM 'cause than I don't feel like a crazy person when I do that, too) and to give a thumbs-up to other runners. Today I posted a photo of the deer I saw hiding in the woods on Strava and Twitter, too.

I had half a Pop-tart at miles 5.5 and 8.5. In the last mile, my side ached and my eyes stung from sweat, but those pains stopped just as soon as my Strava app alerted me to the 15 miles completed! 

Although it was warm, I didn't have it very bad compared to those who were swimming, riding and running in the Texas Ironman. My husband and I walked around the local triathlon race route in The Woodlands today. The "real feel" temperature was over 100 when we were there after lunch. I'm in awe of anyone who can complete a triathlon, but to add the heat to the mix... I don't know how anybody finished that race! 

My Workouts this Week

Sunday: 8 easy mile run, 30 min. strength training (back, arms, core)
Monday: 15 mile run (10:25/mi ave.)
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: 6 mile 4AM run, 30 min. strength training (glutes, arms, core)
Thursday: 6 mile easy 4AM run, 30 min. PM bike ride
Friday:  rest
Saturday: 15 mile run (10:31/mi ave., last 3 miles faster: 10:02, 9:52, 9:55), 15 min. strength training while my husband and I made plans for lunch at Lupe Tortilla and Ironman spectating

That's 50 miles of running. I don't usually do two 15 mile runs in a week, but it's supposed to rain on Monday (my long run day) so I did my long run today. I'm not training for a race, but I like to keep my miles up. Besides, I'm hoping to run 2,016 miles this year. 

How about you, any running goals for the year? 
Any triathlons in your past or future? 
Do you use any exercise apps like Strava?


Comments

  1. Great job on the two 15-milers! No goals for me for the rest of the year. I've got a half marathon in June to run with my daughter and husband. I have done four triathlons (two sprint, two Olympic) and might get back to them at some point. The swim still intimidates me even though I swam competitively in high school. I haven't tried Strava. I can see why people like it though. I use MapMyRun mainly because that's what I started with and I like it, especially when I am also using the MapMyFitness app to track my nutrition and calorie intake/burning for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used mapmyrun before using Strava. I use myfitnesspal to track my food. I know running the half with your family members will be fun!

      Delete
  2. When I saw the title to this post, 2 15 milers this week I had to come over right away to check out your post! Totally awesome Tina! That's a lot of work on your legs. I actually thought about one of your posts yesterday during my long run. I had to finish the last 2 miles of my run on a parking lot and I remembered your post about you running 6 miles on a parking lot. Loved that! It doesn't matter where we run, as long as we get to run, right? This is an awesome training week. 50 miles is no joke and it sure must feel great! Have an awesome Running Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, you can get a good run in all kinds of places, even parking lots if that's all you've got!

      Delete
  3. Awesome mileage, and you're not even training! I haven't tried Strava but heard good things about it. I didn't know you could "see" other people out running. I had no idea it was 100 degrees in Texas! It was 39 degrees here this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! After each run, you can upload your run details and people who follow you can see your distance and even a photo from the run. Then they can comment and give a thumbs-up if they like. 39 - brrr!

      Delete
  4. Great job on your two 15 miles for the wk. I can't imagine getting up at 4 am to complete that. I have never done a trialthlon and do not have any desire to, but I agree those people are pretty awesome to do all that in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! I don't know how those athletes do this - a 2.4-mile (3.86 km) swim, a 112-mile (180.25 km) ride and a marathon 26.2-mile (42.2 km) run in that order and without a break - amazing! Makes rising early for my runs sound easy to me!

      Delete
  5. It is awesome to tackle that kind of mileage weekly! Two long runs in your week is great. I can't even imagine getting that done right now.
    4 a.m. is a tough wake up call, I think 4:45 is about my limit lol but never say never right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, just 45 minutes earlier - you could do that! I just have to make sure I get to sleep early and I'm okay!

      Delete
  6. Two 15 mile runs? Not for me.. I'm tapering. Sort of!
    I love strava though, except sometimes I wish I could make it all hidden. It's fun to see the segments!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up