My High Mileage Week: 45 Miles of Running!


I was able to run on the shaded park road today. It was a nice change for today's 10 mile run. It has been closed for a long time because of flooding from a creek. Here's one of the ducks that keeps me company when I'm at the park. This week, I also saw a opossum running along one of the streets near my house. After that, I ran in a different area in case it woke up on the wrong side of the road that day.

My Workouts This Week

Sunday: Warmed up with part of a 
Total Body/Abs Video and leg swings6 mile easy run at 6am
Monday: 16 mile run at 5am; 45 minutes before run: cold oatmeal with coffee, brown sugar and almond butter mixed in, During run: GU electrolyte tab, salted banana, potatoes and dates; miles 11-15 were my fastest miles!
Tuesday: The Only 4 Strength-Training Exercises You Really Need
Wednesday: mile run at 4am 
Thursday: 6 mile run at 4am 
Friday: rest
Saturday: 10 mile run at 5 am, 35 min. bike ride

Totals


Running miles: 45
Bike: 35 min.
Other Exercises: 2 times


5 Favorite Links of the Week

Sarah Piampiano's Transformation Into a Professional Triathlete Tips on fueling your workouts!
Build Strength and Speed for Sub-Ultra Trail Racing
How to Conquer Insomnia
How to Power 'Mind Over Body'
How to Make Good Habits Stick


Comments

  1. Tie a want or a should to it...I have been trying to do that for the 4:30 alarm win. I tell I GET to run, instead of thinking it is too darn early. It got me through last week! No snooze button snafus.
    Great mileage this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're so right - looking at our workouts with a positive outlook makes all the difference!

      Delete
  2. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a "live" opossum! Seeing wildlife always fascinates me. Good job on your run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's the fourth time I've seen one in the last month or so - a record high for me!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you are definitely knocking out those miles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may go for an even higher total this next week!

      Delete
  4. Amazing job getting all the mileage in. I am at about 25 a week now and getting excited to up it a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny what we runners look forward to... Especially in the heat of summer. It's all about the challenge!

      Delete
  5. 16 miles was my long run last week too, but my overall mileage was not as high as yours :) Great job getting in all those miles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed at your mileage! My body just can't take numbers like that. Cold oatmeal and salted bananas? Interesting! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold oatmeal is my favorite kind on hot days, but next time I'll skip the salt on the bananas and get my sodium another way!

      Delete
  7. Too funny about the Opossum! My middle son recently reported that he saw a monkey in the trees near home. he's been known to exaggerate and none of us believed him. After some questioning, we realized it was an innocent mistake and that he had really seen an opossum. He must not have seen it growling! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny! Most of the time, it's just cats that I see in the dark, but I've also seen snakes, armadillos and maybe a raccoon where I live now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up